Skip to content

Ask an Expert What to buy? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > What to buy?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stormrider58

Nov 10

stormrider58 says:

What to buy?

Please can someone recommend which of the following tyres would be best for my 2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer. BT023, Pilot Road 3, Pilot Power, Dunlop Sportsmart or Qualifier 2's. They will need to work well in the wet, and through the summer. I need good grip & I don't know enough about the newer breed of tyres.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 December 2011 13:33)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stonysleet

Dec 10

stonysleet says:

Not an Expert

and havent tried any others (but heard good things about them). only had Bridgestone 023, 021 and 016 the first 021 nad 023 are sport tourer tyres which should compare to ur fzr I had them on a bandit and were great in all but snow n ice. The 016 are currently on the triumph and i find them a bit slippery when its wet out.

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

Pilot Road 2

I had these fitted to my 600 Fazer in the summer and they offer superb grip wet or dry. I was out on the Hawes to Horton road last week riding on wet roads and I was going at much the same speed as summer! The grip whilst cornering is excellent in the wet. They're also a bit cheaper than the Pilot 3s.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Pilot road 3

are the most recommended if you plan on wet riding. Dunlops sportsmart II (I think) is better except in the wet where it somehow manages to inspire more confidence despite having less overall grip than the michelin.

That's from reviews, not experience.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle