Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

pporfirio

May 09

pporfirio says:

Diavel brake issue

Hi there,

I got my Diavel to commute to work. That replaced my CB1000R. I have been using the Diavel pretty much everyday since I bought it, but after a month or so it felt as if the discs were warped, but only at low speeds (under 15km/h, what unfortunately is a speed I am at a lot going through central London everyday). The guys at the dealer, as always, were fantastic, and changed the pads 3 times, and the disc, and while the problem would go away for a while, it ended up coming back every time.

December came and I had to travel for the whole week on business, so I left the bike at the garage, as the problem was driving me nuts as speeds during the winter commute are even lower…. After a lot of work the dealer found out that the wheel was the problem - the disc was warped on the wheel I have now, but not on one of their bikes. The wheel took a week or so to arrive, and they replaced it (and the tires, lasted about 4,500 miles, not bad).

But after a couple of hundred miles the wabling at low speeds is back!!!!! It is really something. I will take the bike back but looking for ideas if anyone can help!

Again, it only happens at speeds bellow 10 miles an hour and gentle breaking....

Thanks, Pedro

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 January 2012 16:38)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

Is the new front tyre the same as the original and what is it?

Reply to this Topic
pporfirio

May 09

pporfirio says:

Same tyre...

Same tyre as the original. Pirelli Diable Rosso.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

Have you tried using the back brake only since it`s around 10mph?

Meaning any change of feel. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pporfirio

May 09

pporfirio says:

Of course!

The back brake is fine. But it is annoying in town as you tend to change to neutral on long waits on traffic lights and etc, plus I noticed when you start using it too much it changes your behaviour and you tend to go for it instead of the front break. Not good at all when that idiot pulls in front of you.... :blink:

By the way, thanks for the wobbling correction.... I was looking for the proper word.... :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

No, no, no,have you less wobble then when not using front brake at low speed?

Reply to this Topic
pporfirio

May 09

pporfirio says:

No wobble with the back brake

No wobble at all using the back brake. Wobble only under 10mph on gentle braking with the front brakes.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

All you can do is check the (second) tyre fitment by looking for that rubber bead about 5mm from the rim edge full circle on both sides.Also after stopping feel the discs full circle both sides on each discs for hot/cold spots/sides.

It could be a suspension problem on the initial shock.

What ever you do don`t adjust anything. 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

All you can do is check the (second) tyre fitment by looking for that rubber bead about 5mm from the rim edge full circle on both sides.Also after stopping feel the discs full circle both sides on each discs for hot/cold spots/sides.

It could be a suspension problem on the initial shock.

What ever you do don`t adjust anything. 

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

wobble

are we talking a pulsing in the braking action, is that what's causing the wobble?

If you spin the new front wheel by hand are the discs running completely true, or catching as they spin?

Did the dealer really check the caliper pistons when replacing the pads - could one be dragging due to dirt and salt, or even sticking from new?

Reply to this Topic
pporfirio

May 09

pporfirio says:

Pads and others

When you raise the front wheel and rotate the wheel, you can hear the pads touching the brake. It is on the same place where the disc is out by 15 microns.

Yes, I have the pulsing effect when breaking, but only at low speeds and gnetle breaking.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices