Skip to content

Discuss This New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Nick Ienatsch  says:

New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

Kawasaki’s new ZZR1400 has astonished American testers with its performance and refinement – the overhauled hyperbike clocked a 9.64 second standing quarter mile at its American launch in Las Vegas, Nevada. The European version will be launched in January, though Kawasaki cannot confirm how the specifications will differ. American magazine Cycle World’s tester Nick Ienatsch was among the first to ride...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 09:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Antnee_

Feb 06

Antnee_ says:

Are the flame decals standard ? :D

Reply to this Topic
flasharri

Mar 09

flasharri says:

hyperbike

Does the world really need a hyperbike?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

flasharri asks...

" Does the world really need a hyperbike? " NO is the simple answer....... Just a few thousand fun loving, thrill seeking Bikers.  The other 7 billion people can do whatever they want.

Reply to this Topic
tamlin23

Nov 06

tamlin23 says:

Very capable

I had a tuned ZZR-1400, and although it was obviously quick it never fealt flustered. It is a longer hyper bike, so not as good on corners as the litre Supersports bikes, but on the road this is an ultra stable powerhouse - I hope the new version builds on this, though looking at the above comments, it certainly looks like it won't disappoint!

Reply to this Topic
Heppy

Aug 02

Heppy says:

Does the world really need Hyperbikes?

YES, is the simple answer, if you don't push the boundaries of technology you don't progress, that may be fine for just a few thousand bikers who are stuck in the stone age and moan about the release of these monster machines but for the 7 billion other people, we can indeed do whatever we want and it's nice to have the choice!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

heppy

I think you have it the wrong way round the " few thousand fun loving thrill seekers" refered to are like myself completely happy with this sort of machine , they make perfect sense on the road, are comfortble , stable , economical as well as being quick. the "other 7 billion people" will have no idea how much fun these bikes are. Thats the way I like it. 

Reply to this Topic
Heppy

Aug 02

Heppy says:

snev

In that case, apologies, but why is NO the simple answer??

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Kawasaki has to..

..uphold their reputation they've long held. It's always been Kawasaki's reason for being, being at the top of the power charts. In the past that came sometimes with chassis not quite up to the task. At least now the rest of their bikes have caught up. Personally, I've had my invitations punched too many times at the policeman's ball. I'm quite happy to keep speeds down where I don't create attention toward me and I'm happy with that. A bike like this is too way over the top for me, when I was younger for sure, but not now.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

heppy

Does the world need this bike?, was the question. NO was my answer ,just a few thousand of us. As a long time rider of these sort of bikes I welcome new incarnations....... Which is far from the stone age moaner that you implied . but I do agree that many people will not get the point of these bikes....their loss.

Reply to this Topic
jqworle

Jan 12

jqworle says:

Nice

As i already own the old ZZR1400 i would given half a chance have the new one but remove the stock exhaust as soon as possible.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices