Skip to content

Discuss This New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Nick Ienatsch  says:

New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

Kawasaki’s new ZZR1400 has astonished American testers with its performance and refinement – the overhauled hyperbike clocked a 9.64 second standing quarter mile at its American launch in Las Vegas, Nevada. The European version will be launched in January, though Kawasaki cannot confirm how the specifications will differ. American magazine Cycle World’s tester Nick Ienatsch was among the first to ride...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 09:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scottninja

Dec 11

scottninja says:

It's Love

Some people will get it, others will not.  Its all to do with passion and I love. 

For me I appreciate the engineering, the effort of the manufacturer and pride in ownership.  I ride a ZX12R and I will move upto a ZZR1400 at some point.  No I probably wont max it out but one thing for sure is I will be thrilled when I collect mine. 

Do we need these bikes?  Well I do!

Reply to this Topic
TruBlu

Jan 10

TruBlu says:

my 2 cents.

I am going to use a very well known cliche, because its true. "if we have to explain bikes like these, then you wouldn't understand"

Reply to this Topic
TruBlu

Jan 10

TruBlu says:

another thing,

Have you noticed how little gap between ground and fairing!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

that isn't a pic of the bike with standard ride height, thats been lowered for the drag strip

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

next.....

please suzuki, can you work your own magic and give us a new Busa (this time a little bit less ugly from behind..... which is where most people see it from).

Reply to this Topic
Mushtago

Jan 12

Mushtago says:

Looks like a strap buckle on the front caliper compressing the forks, after all the pic is taken just as he started his run so they should be fully extended..rear is compressed due to acceleration and that fugly can weighing it down.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Do we need these bikes? Well no we don't. Do we want these bikes? Well yes we do.

But then the same can be said for Ferrari's, lambo's and the Bugatti veyron and even the Konigshfgjdfvhfvhbfslltfydtdyseg.

Why do we need Blades and the like, they aren't much slower in a straight line? We have them because we can have them and we want them for many reasons.

I own a ZZR1400 and I just love the attention it gets where ever I go, I like the look of it and most importantly, I like the way it eats motorway miles effortlessly and comfortably.

I just hope to the almighty one that we brits don't get that god damn awful exhaust!

Reply to this Topic
flasharri

Mar 09

flasharri says:

Do we need really need them?

I take it from the responses to my earlier post that yes, in fact we really do need them. It's the only kind of bike that I have never owned/ridden so I do apologise for my uneducated rant! Cheers. Flasharri

Reply to this Topic
rudemugs

Mar 10

rudemugs says:

9.64??

He he..  Buy one before they are banned I say!  Need to sell a few more mugs first though...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

ZX-14R Exhaust

@ Mushtago – There is actually one of those “fugly cans” on each side of the ZX-14R/ZZR1400.  Probably needed to meet CE and EPA noise regulations.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices