Skip to content

Discuss This New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Nick Ienatsch  says:

New Kawasaki ZZR1400 first ride

Kawasaki’s new ZZR1400 has astonished American testers with its performance and refinement – the overhauled hyperbike clocked a 9.64 second standing quarter mile at its American launch in Las Vegas, Nevada. The European version will be launched in January, though Kawasaki cannot confirm how the specifications will differ. American magazine Cycle World’s tester Nick Ienatsch was among the first to ride...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 09:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

here's a vid

at the same track

http://www.ridermagazine.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/kawasaki-zx-14r-video.htm

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

ZZR1400 - lovely bike.

Kawasaki have pulled out all the stops with this bike & they deserve success.

Suzuki's complacency & refusal to develop the Hayabusa in any meaningful way since 1999 may finally catch up with them ?

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Competition and choice is great. Unfortunately Kawasaki need to do a lot more than just increase the performance if they want the ZZR1400 to have the same cult following as the funky Hayabusa with it’s biomimetic styling.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Standard?

The text says "It had the standard ride height" when talking about Gadson's 9.64sec quarter. If you study the image you can see that the front was strapped down. Anyone who knows a bit about sprinting will tell you that strapping the front down will stop the forks unloading as you dump the clutch and give a much faster start. That isn't "standard" in my opinion. To put this in context, my 2006 ZZR did a 9.84sec quarter with the front strapped while it was geared up for top speed runs and that was on a concrete runway, not a prepped drag-strip. I'm not slagging off the bike or Rickey Gadson but it needs explaining. I will be buying one.

Reply to this Topic
RetroCraig

Jan 12

RetroCraig says:

I'm not too worried...

...whether its strapped or not, all I want is BHP figures. We all know a few grand after market will de-restrict any superbike, as out of the crate you could pick from a whole bunch of bikes which can run the clock full to 300km/h or 186mph. All I keep hearing is "why would you want a 1400cc which is only as fast as say a BMW S1000RR, I'll tell you why, its the top-end run or the 1 mile drag. The bikes are so similar over a ¼ mile that its negligible. Once you hook 5th & 6th gear you'll see the difference, believe it. I've done it countless times when I had an '06 ZX-14 @ 191bhp at the back wheel. Don't discount torque gentlemen, that's what counts when you're using the taller gears. As for the Busa, yes the motor's always been a stonker, but that's where the bike's ability ends. Check any Superbike UK or RSA comparison, they still rate the Ninja better overall. It all depends what colour flag you prefer to fly in the end, we all know this. Mine remains green, albeit a in the form of a couch these days LOL.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices