Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Honda Fireblade - how good? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2012 Honda Fireblade - how good?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2012 Honda Fireblade - how good?

Although not all-new, Honda’s 2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade has had a significant makeover, with suspension, throttle response and styling all updated – but how much difference does it all make? To find out we pitted the new bike head-to-head with the outgoing 2011 version on both road and dyno. And even though our test took place in cold and damp December we...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 10:13)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Build finish?

Not one to start a rumur but there was talk re the finish of the bikes at the launch. Can you shed any light?

Love the blades, owned many but wondering what was the actual story on test day?

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

new blade

not only looks better? according to who? the lights look shite

Reply to this Topic
johnjohnson

Dec 07

johnjohnson says:

yawn

"the lights look shite"

Agreed.  Another yawner from Honduh.  Where is the V4, the traction control, etc.?

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Traction control???

If you want traction control go buy something with unuseable power that needs traction control.

This blade is going to handel like a dream cant wait to get mine

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Tc needed

The argument about usable power is just not true as it is down to the riders right hand and ability but and this is a huge 'but' I ride all year round not many do and I can guarantee you tc is needed as the conditions are so so bad and unless you ride in perfect weather which is very rare tc is awesome, especially on those icy wet days with roads that resemble an african track. If it stop ones from high siding I am all for it!!

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Wouldn't upgrade

I cannot see much of a reason to upgrade from the previous Blade to the "2012" model... hardly much better. The new R1 is pretty similar - there is hardly an incentive for current owners to ditch the last model for the new one. Buyers new to the 1000cc segment, or looking for a new stead would probably also save big cash and be just as happy buying a 2010/11 model with low mileage.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

@johnjohnson

Agreed... where is the exciting V4!!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Mick Doohan didnt have traction Control.

The only reason we're now seeing all the gizmos is because they've plateaued with the power, yes they could get more, course they could, but they'd come under intense pressure from all the Liberals in power ( as we already are )

Latest generations of the blade are sublime, people who slate hondas as boring, well, i just dont get it, Honda where the only company bringing us the real racers for the road, RC30's, RVF's SP's etc, what have suzuki ever given us? Kawasaki.....? Yamaha gave us the underpowered R7, cheers for that...

Hondas are masterpieces of engineering, thats why they work without all the crap on them, ive yet to follow any rider on an S1000rr etc where he's been making use of TC......Dreamers.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

fluster cluck....

The fireblades swing arms geometery is all wrong, open the throttle and it squats so badly the rake blows out to orange chopper proportions, good luck hussleing that around a WSB curcuit. Maybe if they add 20kg's and a 33mm restictor plates to the ducatis things might almost even up.

Reply to this Topic
den420

Jul 11

den420 says:

VIDEO!

It would be much appreciated if MCN could do a video on this. For all those Fireblade fans out there! (Including me).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices