Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Honda Fireblade - how good? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2012 Honda Fireblade - how good?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2012 Honda Fireblade - how good?

Although not all-new, Honda’s 2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade has had a significant makeover, with suspension, throttle response and styling all updated – but how much difference does it all make? To find out we pitted the new bike head-to-head with the outgoing 2011 version on both road and dyno. And even though our test took place in cold and damp December we...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 10:13)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RetroCraig

Jan 12

RetroCraig says:

Traction control, power settings, top speed restrictors blah blah. I'm just tired of the sports car owners being able to buy cars which can do 200mph+ without restrictions. Where's the justice in all that? Yes I realise the bikes are much more affordable so speed is more accessible to the less fortunate, but are you telling me the because you're rich and can afford a sports car your brain is more capable of not speeding? Such a cop-out (and prejudiced), besides if the bike can do 186mph (restricted) and you de-restrict (cheap operation to do), you only stand to gain 10mph (give or take). I promise you you'll be equally dead crashing at both speeds. They should just stop the restrictions of all kinds as a bad hobby, it makes no sense! Thinking now, I wonder why they even bothered...

Reply to this Topic
gravy1

Apr 06

gravy1 says:

tyres

as this was done in winter time if the 2012 model was on the s20 tyres the only way it could win would be to overtake while on its fairing. the bikes are nigh on identical except the power is distributed a little more evenly on the new one so... on a hot day with the revs not dropping below 6k the difference would be limited to rider confidence alone... on the road it would be different... the 2012's smoother delivery would count a little more but it's basically the same one designed late 07... nothing revolutionary here... still a fantastic bike with people hyping the minor changes as earth shattering (as with most new models). Read most reviews and they all mention, lacking grip.. on a bike with new suspension and tyres that are hailed to improve grip. Also some bottoming out, a near (mother-of-all) high-side and un-honda-like parts dropping off (but probably due to being previously dropped by other journos} I'll wait for a real world review {not a few guys riding across france or round a track}

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices