Skip to content

Discuss This Water-cooled BMW R1250GS spied! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Water-cooled BMW R1250GS spied!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Water-cooled BMW R1250GS spied!

These world exclusive spy shots clearly show for the first time the all-new BMW R1250GS features the biggest single overhaul of the massive-selling and class-leading bike in its 30 years with a new water-cooled engine. This is the biggest change to the GS in current form since the bike was given a new engine with the arrival of the R1100GS back...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 12:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

I spy with my little eye...

I want to be a professional spy photographer please let me pleeeeeease.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

PingCrosby

There is nothing stopping you being a professional spy photographer. All of the people who do it currently are those that just got out there and did it. I don't know where you are in the world but you will be surprised just how many prototype motorcycles and cars there are on British roads in and around the various factories. There are even more in Europe; strangely you never see spy shots taken in Japan.

All you need is a camera with a decent zoom capability and great camera skills, the patience of a saint, some form of transport, be prepared to spend hours or even days waiting in cars at remote locations in all weathers and contacts which can be built up in time!

MCN pays money for spy shots and we help sell them to other magazines, with car mags and websites like MCN sister publication Car also needs this sort of thing all the time. The only thing we need to know is that people don't put themselves or test riders in any kind of danger while trying to take images.

I've heard horror stories of amateurs in cars trying to keep up with test bikes while nearly crashing and taking pics on a mobile phone. Not cool.

I always love to hear from people who think they may have a scoop new bike and you never know, we might be able to pay you a decent bit of cash too.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
kawanomad

Nov 06

kawanomad says:

If i was going to buy a GS it would be for the fact that it was air cooled, plenty powerful enough for that type of motorcycle and simple to service! So why add water cooling? it must add more weight!

Reply to this Topic
nedski

May 03

nedski says:

Snev "with all these adventure bikes being purchased.... why do I never see any on the road (or off for that matter)? " You obviously don't live in Scotland, every second bike you see up here during the season is an adventure bike, I've got a GSAdventure but they are common as... Piglet A Deauville really? I'd rather stick a hot pin in my eye. You may think your keeping your bike clean with a wee hose down every now and again but wait till the time you need to remove the fairings and see how it looks.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Emissions Compliance

@ kawanomad – The greater range of operating temperatures and the looser tolerances required in an air-cooled engine make it much harder or impossible to meet tightening emission standards.

@ nedski – It may be the “Dullville” in the UK, but where I live (the great corn desert) the NT700V is a European exotic quite often mistaken for a BMW. Great bike to ride, as long as you are not looking for some funky character produced by poor fueling or weird suspension calibration. And as for what is under the fairing, cleaning that out is part of the routine maintenance my dealer does at every oil change.

Reply to this Topic
santi9000

Mar 12

santi9000 says:

Spied location

Well I'd say that those shots were taken in the Canary Islands, the volcanic rocks in the background would like the right place plus BMW has done several launches there and Germans love the place of course...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices