Skip to content

Discuss This German tuning firm builds KTM RC4 690R track machine New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > German tuning firm builds KTM RC4 690R track machine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

German tuning firm builds KTM RC4 690R track machine

German tuners Mototech has developed this fairing, suspension and handlebar kit which fits the outgoing KTM Duke 690 to turn it into a trackday weapon with 70bhp and weighing just 125kg. It’s basically a lightweight, faired track bike which costs £4000 for the kit and with secondhand examples of the KTM Duke 690 available for a little over £4000 it could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 13:49)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

Its a good idea I think should be implemented over a few bikes, but seeing as nakeds are usually an unfaired variant of a sports bike, obviously no one sees the point in making a proper business of it. I'd have one for the road :-)

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Makes sense

Having ridden the old 690 Duke and being mighty impressed with the performance, I think this would make a cracking road bike if the price could reflect the amount of cylinders. 8k is a bit steep for a single but I would love to have a go on one.

Reply to this Topic
mgivogue

Aug 02

mgivogue says:

KTM track bike

1. Why does it have lights if it is for the track?

2. Decent power to weight ratio but i would like a bit more power...90+bhp would be about right (at the wheel of course)

3. Tail is ugly. But in general - not a bad toy.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Why be different

Sounds great but £8000 will get you a 2007 race prepped CBR600rr with a spares package, wets on wheels trailer with £4000 to spare that would produce 125bhp 155kg and would make a much more reliable track bike. Being different is all well and good and I think the bike looks awsome but be real a japanese 600 super sport bike is one of the best racing tools not to mention forgiving. There have been that many CBR600rr sold you will have no problem getting spares not to mention tuning parts. There are a host of 600s to choose from R6, GSXR, ZX6R if you want to be different try a Triumph 675. Problem with a large single as a race bike is that the engine is going to lunch itself at some point (I had a Duke 640). £8000 would also get you a Yamaha TZ250, £3500 will get you a Ktm Super Duke ex race bike hows that for different. 

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

KTM should be making this. Then they could turn them out for little more than the Duke price or maybe a decent bit less for a pure trackday version without the road kit.

Reply to this Topic
twistedplanet

Sep 11

It looks awesome but at 4k the kit seems expensive. Track bikes get binned and wondering how much the fairing is. Is it road registrable? If not, why the lights? I'd love to ride one on the track, I bet it would go like shit out of Shangai...

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

LOL

But 20K heavier and 12HP down on a 2002 TZ250. With better brakes, suspension and reliability I would guess though. For my money bring on the blue smoke haze 

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Prices

Theres a few companies doing this, I used to work for one that was converted single moto x bikes in to race bikes. The problem we came across was just as pinkerton2964 said. Once they figured the cost of the donor bike and the cost of the conversion kit it was more than a race 600. Sure you save it back on the tyre bill over a few seasons, but in the world of club racing where alot of these end up, people just wanted to be in what they saw as the 'big class' with the big field rather than a class with just a few singles in it. Shame, as the class has great potential, maybe moto 3 will spike some more interest??

Reply to this Topic
Noodles15uk

Feb 09

Noodles15uk says:

Nice bike but silly money for a single pot, I just wish they would make a modern 400 like the old zxr400, say a zx4r. They could probably get 80bhp from a 400 these days, would be perfect for the road and still good fun on track and cost a lot less than £8k.

Reply to this Topic
Noodles15uk

Feb 09

Noodles15uk says:

Also for anyone who is interested this is from there website: KTM RC4 690R is the latest Evostufe from the house mototech. is based on a standard KTM Duke 690R, which was converted into the usual precision for RC4 Superbike. The suspension was rebuilt in the fields of geometry, suspension travel and setup for the racetrack. The result is a 125kg lighter racers with standard 70hp, which can be increased with relatively simple tuning to 80hp .. The kit contains RC4 IMM carbon fairing incl Ram Airsystem, tank in the rear frame, forward controls, handlebars, as well as the conversion option of the complete chassis. The entire kit can be mounted without having to edit an original part. A rear mounting is possible at any time. Seating ergonomics and geometry were taken from the KTM RC 8R. The tests at the Sachsenring with Steve Mizera and Arne death showed what a great potential in the bike! Driveability and handling is important here. A street legal kit for the RC4 is available in stock and work in early 2012. The cost of the Rennstreckenkit (without installation) lie at 4800 €. For racing, we recommend the suspension depending on the conversion claim drivers / weight etc. incl springs which is 500 €.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices