Skip to content

Ask an Expert Michalin Pilot 3 or Dunlop Sportsmart Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Michalin Pilot 3 or Dunlop Sportsmart

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

corsair426

Jan 09

corsair426 says:

Michalin Pilot 3 or Dunlop Sportsmart

Hi I have a CBR1000RR 2010 on a 2011 plate. I don't ride the Blade hard and was wondering if fitting the Michalin Pilot 3 or Dunlop Sportsmart would suit my bike? I'm doing a bit of touring around the UK this year and really want the best tyre for me. At the momment the Blade has BT015's fitted but are squaring off a bit.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 January 2012 17:56)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chrisevans41

Jan 11

Chrisevans41 says:

Roadsmart

Hi Corsair, I have a Blackbird which I corner quite hard with no chicken strips on Roadsmarts. The Dunlops are amazing so the sportsmart would be plenty sticky. The roadsmart like the BT023 is good. All the BB riders I have spoken to rave about the New Pilot road 3 and it grips pretty good in the wet.

Stay on stay safe

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

I have

Pilot Power 2CT's on my Buell and Sport Smarts on my YZF. Both great tyres, and I'd happily fit either tyre again. I switched from 2CT's to Sport Smarts and back to 2CT's on the Buell purely because the 2CT's are cheaper.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Personally I wouldnt fit the Road3's to the Blade. they have really flat profile and will slow the steering down and give a weird mid corner feeling.

A better option for you would be the Pilot Road2 on the rear, and a Pilot Power 2CT on the front.
The front will keep the steering sharp, while the rear will give you more grip than you will ever need (believe me, I have tried) and if you are gentle with them I have seen some getting up to and over 10,000 miles out of them. I use them on my R1 and even with hard use they are returning 6,000miles with no grip issues in the wet or dry.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Mitchelin Pilot Road3

Done over 10,500 miles on my PR2s and theres still a few thou miles still on them......bike is a gsx1400 and I dont hang about.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Mitchelin Pilot Road3

Mitchelin Pilot Road3 my next tyre.

Reply to this Topic
adambaker

May 09

adambaker says:

pilot road 3

I have the 11 blade and run the pilot 3s.Great tyre for grip in both wet and dry and massive durability. Dont get to bogged down with people talking about handling. As you said you dont ride that hard as to even notice. It would take a very very fast and mental rider to find the limit on the road of the pilot 3s. Nothing out there i would sooner have!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices