You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > cb 750 f7 1996

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

cb 750 f7 1996

my bike has been stood for some years, i v cleaned the  entire fuel system etc . new plugs but it will only run on the 2 right hand cylinders . the other 2 do have a spark , and are wet with fuel is it the ecu ??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 January 2012 17:32)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

2cyl

If it was 1/4 cyl or 2/3 cyl i would suspect a coil.

For now is it possible that the H.T. leads  have been replaced at some time with two/four leads the same length and put on the wrong cyl.

Does this bike have a vacuum operated fuel tap and does it work,i hope you haven`t got petrol peeing down the vacuum tube. 

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

CB 750 F2

THERE IS NO FUEL IN THE VAC PIPE , ALL THE HT LEADS AND COILS ARE ORIGINALS IN GOOD CONDITION THE BIKE HAS ONLY DONE 12 K MILES I HAVE CHECK THE HT CONNECTIONS.I HAVE STRIPPED THE CARBS AND CLEANED ALL JETS AND FUEL STRAINERS . THE SPARKS ARE STRONGE ON ALL PLUGS .GOT ME STUMPED . I V ALSO CHECKED OPERATION OF THE CAMS AND VALVES . COMPRESSION IS GOOD

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

2 cyls

Ok,keeping things simple and cheap,do these two cyls have a clear exhaust pipe for the fumes to escape out of?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda CB 750 F7? 1996

Hi Red123

Try spraying some easy start,carb cleaner into the air intake while turning the engine over.If it runs on the easy start but not on the petrol,you have a fueling problem,if it just pops and bangs and wont run its possibly a electric or timing problem? (it could just start and run?)

Also check the battery voltage when turning over,if its below 11volts when turning over,it will not have enough power to run the electric systems properly.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

CB 750 F2

:biggrin: yes the exhaust is fine . and clear

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

CB 750 F2

I v checked the fuel tape vacuam pipe it tends to suck and blow so i suspect a leaking valve on cylinder 2 and perhaps not enough fuel flow to the carbs 1&2 cyl being last in line

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

running on 2 cb750

:lol:Hi well checked for air leaks none resealed the connections anyway, it does tend to spite back a fair bit but if put my hand over the intake the cyl fires up big time still spits back a bit.No 2 cylinder has lot of fuel in the intake mouth . i still think carbs my book refers to air jets .and fuel jets but airjets?? not heard that before i ll check the ig timing this wk end can t see the valve timing moving the engine does not look like it ever been stripped

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

2cyls

No2 cyl has a lot of fuel in the intake mouth.

Did you check my first reply?

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Check the

choke is working as it should on those two carbs.

Also check the operation of the float, and make sure it still actually floats.

Other than that, replace the plug caps,

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

cb 750 f2

:lol:I have checked all the ht leads and caps new plugs correct firing order. I have had the rocker cover off to check the operation of the valves fine .There is no fuel in the vac pipe.the choke s are fine had them all out .I have redone the compression test which is fine .:mad: im going to make sure it is nt flooding because the 2 plugs are wet but not terribly wet i also rechecked the float hieght and the vent . as i said earlier it does run on easy start which indicates fuel starvation?? mmmmm im missing something staring me in the face i bet :unsure:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices