You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > cb 750 f7 1996

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

cb 750 f7 1996

my bike has been stood for some years, i v cleaned the  entire fuel system etc . new plugs but it will only run on the 2 right hand cylinders . the other 2 do have a spark , and are wet with fuel is it the ecu ??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 January 2012 17:32)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi

I know you say you cleaned the fuel system, does this include stripping the carbs, checking any diaphragms for holes, and 'O' rings to spindles?

When you checked the float heights did you remove and check the float needle valves are all free to operate?
You state that all ingintion leads and caps are originals and are OK.
How did you test them?
Are the leads silicone cored or copper cored?
What resistances are you getting during testing?

Are you positive that they are working under cyclinder pressures. Have you used the substitution method of known good leads and caps to cylinders that are not firing OK?

When you checked for valve operation did you check to see if the valve springs had weakened due to being under continuous pressure?

Were the inlet and outlet tracts closed off to the atmosphere during this prolonged layup? Possible build up of corrosion on valve edges and or seats caused by atmospherics being able to get into the engine internals.

What compression reading did you get and did you carry out the test with the throttle open or shut?

Also did you do dry and then wet compression tests?

That's just a few of the possibles off the top of my head at the moment. Hope some of these will help you locate the problem.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Red123

Any progress on your problem?

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

cb 750 f2 1996

:sunglasses:Hi Smegit I have tested the coils and ecu i think their on the blink . i also checked the vales for closing and sealing good i m going to do anther comp test , I tried starting it with easy start direct in to carbs it was blown out the vac pipe for fuel tap lol .

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

cb 750 1996

:laugh:Hi Smidget what can i say its now running on 1/2 but not on 3/4 LOL . I pulled the choke out of 1/2 cleaned it out . pilot screw 3 turns out good , But now 3/4 not running quite right i have checked their chokes LOL and jets . probably more c---p in the system

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Red

Do the job completely not just bits, it will save a lot of frustration in the long run.

Keep at it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices