Skip to content

General F*ing Health Service Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > F*ing Health Service

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

F*ing Health Service

Yes, I know they need to balance their bokks.  Yes, I know budgets need to be managed, but for FUCKS SAKE...

I have, quite literally, spent a huge chunk of this afternoon driving around the Staffordshire just because "this is comming out of your budget, not mine".

16 mile drive to a hospital to collect a prescription (why can't the local GP issue it?), followed by a half hour wait for said piece of paper (why couldn't it get signed while I was on the way?), followed by a 20 minute drive to another town to collect the drug from the only chemist that had it in stock (even though without any doubt it was in stock at the hospital).  The wait for the signed paper meant that when I got to the chemist, it was shut. FFS.

Several phone calls later, and I found that the drug was available in a late night chemist a further 10 miles from home.

3 1/2 hours wasted.  Why couldn't I just collect the prescription and drug in one place, and the finance department simply allocate the cost wherever it had to go.

I really need this shit while my father lays there dying.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 January 2012 23:16)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Its Not

Typical, its typical of Staffordshire in my experience.

Much better in the north west

You have my sympathy

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Mis-managed

Yesterday, some toity woman turns up...

"Your palliative care is being stopped as from tonight.  We are taking over the contract.  We will come in from 8:45 to 9:15, then 12:15 to 12:45, then 5:15 to 5:45.  Sign this contract here."  She wouldn't even look at my dad.

My mum challenged this, as my dad is far too poorly to be messed about by any schedule.  If he's asleep, we don't wake him, just to shove 3 spoons of yoghurt down his neck, to suit some pen pusher.

"We can't possibly fit you in at any other time"

Fine said mum - then you can push off.  She was really p*ssed off, and accused my mum of wasting her time.  WHAT?  FFS, we know she will bill the NHS stupid money, for sending a trail of different people into our house.  No thanks.  My mum ended up in tears after she left, because she felt so threatened in her own house.

Since he was awake at 5am, my mum and I manged to get him to the toilet, then we washed, changed and fed him ourselves, before putting him back to bed.  Stuff them.  We just saved the NHS about £200.

To our suprise, at 10am, one of the nice palliative carers turned up.  She was horrified by what had happened.  We think miss smarty pants jumped the gun. 

(I don't think he'll last the night - so miss smarty pants wouldn't have made much out of us anyway.)

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

My dad's

got dementia. Tests in October, was supposed to see doc next week to go through results. Which was bad enough. I called 'em and they said they'd brought the appointment forward, following my moaning, and he's missed it.

"Why didn't you tell us, you'd moved the appointment ?".  "We did we phoned you (me)". "No you didn't. Did you write to confirm?" "No, and it'll be March now"
I wrote to the home care woman, to record the things going wrong with mom's home care. E-mail back, after I sent reminder, "We are going to re-assess the funding".
In other words "Stop moaning, and especially recording our incompetence, or we'll cut your funding". They won't cut our taxes accordingly, obviously.
I just think a better system, would be one of private health care / insurance, then I could be the one, threatening to cut their funding.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Bye bye Dad

Dad died about 4 hours ago.  The nurses put clean pj's on him, and the funeral people have just picked him up.

I'm going to bed now, but I don't forsee any sleep.

Life's a bitch and then you die.

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

My thoughts

are with you ninjachica. Sad times at the moment, but trust me it does slowly pass and you mainly remember the good, happy times you have had with a loved one.
Rugs

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

awwwwww

shucks  thoughts are with you brigette, difficult to know what to say at such a very sad time.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

oh Ninja

I'm so sorry,my deepest condolences to you and your family.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Very sorry

to hear your news Ninjachica.  At least his physical pain is over.

As others say, remember all the things that made him what he was to you 

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

Sorry for your loss

Not much you can say really.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

bump