Skip to content

Ask an Expert Buying first 50cc scooter. Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Buying first 50cc scooter.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JCoyle

Jan 12

JCoyle says:

Buying first 50cc scooter.

Hello im looking for a 50cc 4 stroke scooter thats cheap but reliable, been looking on www.learnerlegal.com and www.scooter.co.uk but the bikes on learner legal are from a Chinese manufacturor Longjia and have heard that i should avoid chinese.

Basically i would really appreciate it if someone would tell me what the best scooter for me would be and where i can buy it the cheapest.

Also any recomendations on where to get insured with would be a big help too.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 January 2012 15:07)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Don't know your location

but try looking at your local bike shops and dealers - most (if not all) should have some in (or be able to get a particular one). You might pay a bit more than online, but you'll have a point of contact if you need it.

Insurance - I use Aviva; generally decent pricing, and decent service (so far so good anyway). Don't know how they fare in a claim though because (touch wood) I haven't had to make one.

As to "whats the best scooter for me" it depends what your using it for, and how much coin you have to spend. Piaggio, Peugeot, Honda and Yamaha are established brands, with plenty spares / service / back up.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

/

there are loads of 2rd hand 50cc bike and mopeds on line but remmber any 50cc  top speed will only be 30mph by law

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Decent sized new Scooter

JCoyle I take it that you are after a new reasonably priced 4 stroke Scooter that`s not too small .If this is the case look at the WK Bikes website .They have the GO50 which was at the NEC in December and has just arrived at £799 . I sat on the machine and it is a generous size and has a nice seat . I thought it was the best 50cc there . I took a picture of it and will download it for you . WK Bikes are a good outfit and besides their Scooter and Bike range , they are the Lambretta Importer and also do Quadbikes .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices