Skip to content

General E-petitions Against EU Introducing Mandatory Hi-Vis General

You are in... Forums > General > General > E-petitions Against EU Introducing Mandatory Hi-Vis

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

E-petitions Against EU Introducing Mandatory Hi-Vis

Against EU Member States Introducing Mandatory High Visibility Clothing For Motorcyclists - e-petitions http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/26931

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 January 2012 23:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

day glow

so what is so wrong with wearing a dayglow jacket  i wear one and glad i do i also ride with lights on and wear body armour all of the above should be made law to wear at the end of the day none of the above interfears with having a nice ride out and the more we can be seen the longer we will be riding  so make the above law :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

day glow

There is nothing wrong with wearing a day~glow jacket but the issue here is about freedom of choice which is the main reason i ride a motorbike.Another point worth raising regarding clothing manufacturers is if this legislation is passed then what is the point in designing riding gear when it is hidden under a hi viz thingy.Imagine if this legislation was passed to motorists enforcing the compulsory day glo paint job to be applied to their car.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Not only

Freedom of choice but (possibly more importantly imho) is the issue that yet again this shifts the responsibility of getting seen as to rider rather than that of the driver bloody looking in the first place, this is completely arse about face!! Having taught council workers who commute in their full head to foot day-glo/retroreflective gear and still been the victims of S.M.I.D.S.Y. (Sorry Mate Didn't See You) add to this the scarcity of research on how effective the dayglo really is it baisically boils down to some faceless prat in the E.C. thinking up proposals in order to justify his/her bloody job (just take a quick look at the third directive coming in to force next year for another lunatic example)!!

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

Hi-Viz e-petition

Done.

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

amateurcynic

Not just his job. All these important, well paid people have these meetings – standardising the size of tractor seats, and other important issues. Once they’ve come up with another way of telling people what to do, they increase their workload. A report on this, long list of rules and standards. So they work harder? Hell no, they hire someone else and get their budget increased. Every fucking year.

Then we have to administer, and spread the word domestically. Another cost. Then the police have another law to enforce. The copper doesn’t give two fucks what you wear, but he has to enforce the law. Not wearing bright yellow, or the wrong shade of bright yellow – fucking criminal – here’s a fine. “But what about that guy driving like a cock ?”. “No time for that sonny”.

Armature ? It’ll come naturally soon enough  :mellow:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

signed

pointless thing this day glow crap I ride an fjr 1300 huge lights front and back and is fitted with a top box and panniers so the dayglo stuff wont work from the back and still old saying "you cant see someone if you dont feckin look"

Reply to this Topic
catsick

Jan 12

catsick says:

hi-viz glasses

Never worn hi-viz until this year, seeing other bikers running without it and just how much is or rather isn't visible during the dark evenings made me think, rather seen than squashed. This however still doesn't make people see you, they only see you when the want to, as found out this morning. I'm on a bright blue bike, with dayglo jacket on yet the Focus driver decides to ignore my presence on the road! :mad:

Hi-Viz is ok but it takes 2 to tango, you can make yourself as visible as possible, yet it's down to the other person to see you in the first place isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Done

though I notice an abberation over the size of hi-viz panel being discussed.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Mankind

Don't det me started on those E.U. F*$^Wit scavengers, not just the rules but as you say we're paying for 'em & their f*%$ing overblown (to the point of being criminal, literally!) expenses as well. These are the tw*ts who decided how straight/yellow a 'kin banana can be in order to be legal to sell!!??~~##!:huh:

Amateur? Well the cynic in me reckons I'm nowhere near cynical enough, often enough with anything to ever be more than just playing at it:winkie: :tongue:

Have fun outh there:biggrin: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

tick

done

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale