Skip to content

Discuss This New 1000s not a throwback to 2006, warns Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > New 1000s not a throwback to 2006, warns Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

New 1000s not a throwback to 2006, warns Nicky Hayden

Nicky Hayden has warned fans not to expect a throwback to the spectacular racing and tyre smoking slides of the 990cc MotoGP era when the new 1000cc world championship gets underway in Qatar on April 8. The last time MotoGP raced close to a 1000cc capacity was in 2006 when Hayden triumphed in a dramatic last round title shootout with current...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 January 2012 13:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

wait a minute aquarius

The HUGE difference between CRT and satellite bikes is that you OWN the CRT bike and it is not a leased bike. So the bike itself is not a reoccurring cost like a lease (proving of course the rules stay the same). And I don't see how having GP's in Spain is "Dorna money". Unless Dorna owns the tracks and are the promoters of the race they are just getting the tv money and sanction fee like they do at any other race. If Jerez can get 100,000 spectators at the race and the promoters can make money then why shouldn't there be GPs races there? Is there a waiting list of promoters and track owners with sanctioning fee checks in hand to host races that Dorna is ignoring? It takes more than Dorna "wanting" to race in other places - there has to be tracks and people/companies/governments willing to fork over the cash to host one. It Spain has multiple places to host GPs and have the money to do it year in and year out than good on them.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Thanks Wosi forgot to add that one there was a smilar one a year later at the same circuit this time the Yamaha coming out on top not for the win though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What makes you think more simplistic machinery will make the racing closer Wosi?

On the evidence of what? There is closer racing in WSBK and then at National level because the talent plateau is easier to reach.

MotoGP has the best of the best and that one percent difference (or however you what to label it) that the three Aliens have over the rest magnifies. Look how many then fight over the middling places 4th - 9th and then how many more again from 10-17th. See what I mean?

Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa would still wipe the floor in MotoGP  if they were all on mini mopeds identical to Hugeleans (sans trainerwheels of course).

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah Dovi, I was wondering who was your 4th Alien

Sorry he doesn't make the grade. You need to be a regular multiple winner in the class to be considered Alien. That leaves just three of them.

Me think's you're overplaying the current state of the sport somewhat. Fuel time trials? Please. It was still racing last time I watched.

Of course the expense needs to be reduced and there appears to be a real willingness on both sides to do so. Although the MSMA insistence that spec ECU's are not a feature could prove to be quite a stumbling block.

Personally I don't care too much. As long as there's still an 'exotic' element to GP machines and the room for clever designers like Preziosi to push boundaries. If that means winding both series back a notch or two then so be it. It seems to me that it is WSBK that has trod on GP toes more than the other way around.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Aliens.

Its difficult to become one the level of competition when you have a leading three who are just out of this world when it comes to motorcycle racing at its best the main thing is having that self beiief to join that leading three Maio's view in todays MCN newspaper something which I fully agree with.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Penny do you know who Elbowz is fecker just because some other feckin douchebags say it on here everytume I post.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle