Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP boss pledges cheaper bikes and closer racing in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP boss pledges cheaper bikes and closer racing in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP boss pledges cheaper bikes and closer racing in 2013

MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta has laid out his vision for MotoGP in 2013 and beyond by pledging to get manufacturers to supply cheaper bikes while cutting the gulf in performance between factory prototypes and the new production-based 10000cc machines. Ezpeleta is adamant that if Yamaha wants to keep leasing bikes to Cal Crutchlow’s Tech 3 squad or Honda to supply bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 January 2012 10:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

carmelo,

is this rossi's uncle? crt are just an accesories and they are just to make up the numbers but the truth is they are very dangerous if they being lapped of factory bikes. Can't imagine if they being lapped by stoner 2x. Anyway good luck to crt.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

First and foremost cut out the rider aids not only will it help the sport it will also produce great racing for us fans.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Make it all CRT

I think the prototypes need to be kept but I can't see how applying a fixed cost would work in the long term unless the CRT rule applies in all directions. I've said for yonks that they should start with the calender and get that shuffled into the most cost effective format first. If the best solution for costs is a common ECU then so what, it works in F1 and how many different variations of it do you need? They all try to get the best spark to your plugs they just have a gazillion different ways of doing the same thing. Limit the function of the brain a bit and slap a bit of weight on is the cheapest way to rein 'em in usually :)

I can see why wosi is worried about fuel in these difficult times but I see that they can still produce that kind of power for that long on that amount of fuel, in these difficult times. Yes, the heavy wristed can run out of juice prematurely but it's always been that way ;) 

The best way to deal with the prototypes will be to get CRT to work. Can I call it Privateer because that's what it amounts to, privateer meaning that if half the factory Aprilia racing team are in the garage it's not privateer. If they stick with CRT then does the "claiming" bit apply to all bikes ie if the factory RCV with Casey Stoner is the fastest bike after X number of races could Aspar claim it or any part of it? I can see it will work at some point but it's whether it's because they slow the prototypes down artificially through rule changes or Privateer class catches up quick through being a great idea.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

'and the new production-based 10000cc machines'

I dont care what anyone says, 10000cc sports bikes are definately gonna mix up the racing.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

this Douchebag is gonna ruin MotoGp

'this might be the last year motoGp is an elite entity if this idiot has his way...he's trying to be the Bernie eclestone/Formula1 guru of Gp bikes and screw around with prototype racing too much..

gonna be funny when superbike racing is on the same level as GP.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Moto 1

Now we REALLY KNOW that is what he wants.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

really dont know why all the factories dont get together  and tell this tosser to get fucked create there own series maybe proto gp!

remember when mcwilliams ran a highly tuned r1 engine and it was banned for not being a prototype and now all of a sudden they are maybe the factories should sue dorna or whoever runs it for allowing non prototype bikes in the series

theres only one problem with motogp and its this prick changing the rules every year no wonder all the factories are pulling out cos they dont know where they stand from one year to the next! if it aint broke dont try to fix it simples!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

@bikemad.

Honda more like changes the rules and Carmelo agrees to it.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BLOODY BALD SHIT!

WHEN TECHNOLOGY GOING HIGH, THIS GUY WANTS BACK TO STONE AGE!!!!! WHAT DID HE WANT?? HIS LOVE ASS CHAMPION WIN AGAIN??? GO DO CAMEL RACE IN MIDDLE EAST THAN!!!!! SHIT MAN.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

None so blind...

Flo's not winning, my bank balance is dwindling... MUST CHANGE RULES!

Old 'Mudguard' Ezpeleta doing his best to feign real concern for the sport. Honda may gain respect back if they tell him to eat shit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices