Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki GSR750 gets ABS New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki GSR750 gets ABS

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki GSR750 gets ABS

The new Suzuki GSR750 is now available with antilock brakes for the first time since the bike was launched last year. The GSR750 was well received when it was introduced last year and even won a prestigious MCN Award for its class. The bike will make its UK show debut at the Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show at Excel which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 January 2012 17:21)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Big deal

So it gets ABS, big <bleep> deal.

Next up a properly routed exhaust pipe, shaft drive, a decent comfortable seat, a centrestand, simple swingarm and twin shocks and a five gallon fuel tank.

Oh, nearly forgot... peak torque at 3000 rpm, hydraulic valve adjusters, 80+mpg and 10.000 mile service intervals.

Guess I'll just have to keep dreaming....

Reply to this Topic
stefmeister

Jun 11

stefmeister says:

Upgrades

Got my GSR750 is Sept ‘11, loving it more every passing day… I must say, even though according to MCN ‘The GSR750 has proven to be an extremely popular machine both in the UK and mainland Europe’ I have not seen many others on the road… which is great, I prefer it that way!

I wonder if I could get ABS fitted on to the bike, I certainly hope so. I would have gone for the model that has ABS if it was available then.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

stefmeister

You certainly won't be able to retrofit ABS to your bike sadly. It might be worth having a chat with some Suzuki dealers to see what they would offer you to swop for an ABS equipped model though. There are some great Suzuki deals on at the moment and you might be surprised what they offer to do for you.

rlf3 - I think you might be looking for a slightly different sort of motorcycle than a fun, naked middleweight! One that doesn't exist for a start.

And the GSR750 getting ABS may not be the biggest news in motorcycling but it is news; something MCN has a responsibility to report because there are plenty of people who do want to read stories like this.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Manufacturers

Sorry Andy, wasn't a dig at MCN but a comment regarding the sad fact that there are very very few decent road motorbikes getting built these days.

Maybe I'm just a sad old fart, I prefer to think that I have gained wisdom through decades of experience.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

rlf3

Next up a properly routed exhaust pipe, shaft drive, a decent comfortable seat, a centrestand, simple swingarm and twin shocks and a five gallon fuel tank.

Oh, nearly forgot... peak torque at 3000 rpm, hydraulic valve adjusters, 80+mpg and 10.000 mile service intervals.

I think you'll find BMW have bikes that will meet most of your criteria. Not sure why you'd want twin shocks though.

Reply to this Topic
GasmanDan

Dec 10

GasmanDan says:

. . . A good deal from Suzuki??

I dunno about that one, Andy.  Don't go to Sturdey's in Tonbridge anyway.  They wanted to really take the pants down of a loyal returning customer there looking to buy yet another brand new suzuki.  Got offered a grand more for my Gixxer and rode out of P&H at Gatwick on a very low mileage, minty gem of a CB1000R.  I don't know about you, but the CB1000R is a hell of a lot more hoss per buck than the GSR, although I do agree it's a handsome bit of kit.  But I worked it out that I was at least £2000 better off and got combined ABS etc etc on a quality bike.

Shop around chaps!   Go to P&H and talk to Ray Gibbs.  You wont regret it.  =o)

Danny.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

BMW? (Kymco)

Nope, BMW do not currently build anything which meets most of my criteria, no-one does.

BMW's range has nothing which would tempt me into a showroom to look at.

Reason for twin shocks is simplicity of maintenance/replacement.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices