Skip to content

Discuss This Neevesy’s blog – Ducati Multistrada in Oz First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Neevesy’s blog – Ducati Multistrada in Oz

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Neevesy’s blog – Ducati Multistrada in Oz

Ducati’s Multistrada 1200 is MCN’s current king of the all-rounders. Like it says on the tin, it will do-anything and go-anywhere. Its superbike engine delivers a monstrous amount of power, it handles superbly and it’s an epic mile-muncher. It’ll even handle a bit of off-road, if you’re mad enough. I’ve ridden a fair few and if I’m honest, I’d normally...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 January 2012 09:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

A GREAT PITY ...

That Neevesy didn’t take up our long-standing invitation to go & have a really good, liberating, long brisk ride up in the South East Queensland & and Northern NSW hinterland ranges. Mid-week is the ticket, because as Michael found for himself – policing is intensive & the penalties draconian here in Oz. As well, there has been an ongoing, undeclared or publicised War going on between Police & motorcyclists for the past 8 years. This has seen them have up to 8 x Police vehicles with laser guns running around or hidden in static “hides” on Sundays for an instant “ping” in places like the beautiful biking road through the Numinbah Valley.

In addition, they have even resorted to having sniper-plod blokes with Lasers standing in “camo” gear in the off-road jungle/bush with hand-held lasers. It is the same over Brisbane’s Mt Glorious and Mt Mee areas where they have latterly taken to driving mufti cars in “civvies” with video cameras on board. Why? To film bikes making perfectly safe passes over double lines – technically illegal, yes - but safe as a house & I am not aware of one collision ever caused by this. Resentment & fright generates the complaints. But plenty of incident & injury where cars, trucks & AWD’s run wide, enter or exit corners on the wrong side of the road & force motorcyclists off-line & into Armco barriers, though. Of course, these cases are always put down to “excessive speed” by the motorcyclist & our very vulnerability makes it all our own fault. The cunning, treachery & stealth gained by many years of bitter, expensive & sometimes painful experiences means I am points & crash-free. Touch wood. My buddy is currently sitting out a long suspension of license – just the drip, drip of a few klms over here & there that inexorably turns one into some sort of criminal & speed terrorist in Court & Police eyes!

We – me & my regular riding partner sent Neevesy some happy pics of us moving huge a huge python off the road & out of harm’s way near a place called Binna Burra up in the tropical rainforest. We kept our leathers & gloves on - just in case it turned stroppy & decided to bite. It didn’t. We are both Kiwis that live in Oz. Where were the big, bronzed Aussies while this was all going on? Why – sitting quaking in their cars with all the windows up – of course! Cheers Michael - maybe another time?

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

There was so much to do and so little time, unfortunatley, mate. I'll be back, for sure!

Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
twistedplanet

Sep 11

retentive policing

I had to laugh about your comment abut Oz being heavily-policed and comparing it to Italy...It's so true that over here the authorities are too busy enforcing the rule book instead of looking out for and managing the danger. We have freeways with 4 lanes one way speed limited to 100km/hr and speed cameras as milestones... At least we have some awesome mountain passes and coastal roads that make up for it...:) You should have tried the Great Ocean Road mate! Arpad

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Shame on you

Neevesy. I invited you to come ride with us in the Gold Coast hinterland last year and you could nt make it up this way , Now you ve been straight past the door  and did nt call in to find out where the real road ,s are !!  and you ve probably stuck to the droneways . But there,s always next year mate,  Bring Simon C with ya too, nothing like a catch up & a couple half pint shandies. Mind you as stated by Aquarius The plod was out in numbers only last Sun in the Numinbah valley but as usual the budget won,t allow them to be there all the time. Anyway Mick no excuse s next time ah.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Glad its not just us in the UK then....Devils Bridge up in Kirby Lonsdale, Police road side stops, police helicopters, patrol cars everywhere...for what? a few small plates and dark visors, me and the wife have discussed moving down under for a better quality of life, but having heard from several people about the heavy policing and draconian attitudes that puts speeding in the same bracket as gang rape...well, im just not interested lol, i'll stick with a bit of rain and snow at home .....

As for the Duke, id love to ride one!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices