Skip to content

Ask an Expert fazer600 or rf900 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > fazer600 or rf900

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

edlikesbikes

Jan 12

edlikesbikes says:

fazer600 or rf900

I'm getting rid of my vfr800vtec because I'm tired of changing stators bleeding linked brakes etc.

I want cheap and simple bike for 5day commute/1 day fun riding a week

So far I can't decide between fazer 600 and suzuki rf900. Any suggestions?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 January 2012 13:26)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

RF vs Fazer

Both bikes get good write-ups.  I have ridden the RF and it is a solid fast bike; easy to ride with loads of stomp from that Suzuki engine.  I have not owned or ridden the Fazer 6 although I love my 1000cc version.  The Fazer will be cheaper to run as it will be easier of tyres and chains etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with either bike.  Sorry that may not be a definitive answer but they are both decent machines and it will probably come down to a matter of personal choice.          

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

My

Never ridden the FZ6 but looks a nice bike. Physically small if that's important to you, nicley made and has 6000 mile service intervals (being a Yamaha, the suzuki will have more freqent services). Fuelling is supposed to be better on the 2007 on models.
The earlier FZS model had carbs and was a good bike but is thirsty.
Both bikes are short of low end but love bbeing revved (apparently- somehow I have never ridden or bought one) so that might help you compare it to the RF900...
Another bike that might be worth considering in a similar vein to the Fazer is the Z750S or the faired hornet (stopped in 2003 when the CBF600S came out).
Other bikes you might want to consider is a Yamaha Thundercat or a Kawasaki ZZR600. More sporty but underrated so fairly cheap...

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

If you're looking at an RF

you may as well look at an early Blade. There's loads about for not much money and the build quality should be better than the RF, as that was built down to a budget.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices