You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > myblade2010 v blade2012

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

astonv8

Jan 12

astonv8 says:

myblade2010 v blade2012

i  read with interest the review of the new 12 blade versus 11 blade  i have a 2010 model which is the same and is standard  As the cost to change is probably 3/4 k even though mine is immac and as there is little in it, although you say the new model is better, what mods could i  make to improve handling and fueling. Ohlins shock and power commanders seems obvious but would they do the trick? Any other suggestions?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 January 2012 15:45)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

A rear shock is always going to improve the handling, and a well set up one is probably one of the best mods to do on a road bike. Also the front forks could be revalved and set up. They do make a difference.

Power commanders are a route to go down if you intend changing the exhaust. All very expensive. but ask yourself this.... Do you need more power?? They say the new Blade may be a better bike, but, only probably when it is being ridden at 90% of its capabilities.  You got to think how often is a few ponies going to make a difference to you on the road. They are no slouches as standard, whether it be a 2010 or a new one.
I would go down the suspension route if I was you, and depending how deep your wallet is, maybe a set of aftermarket wheels a'la BST Carbons / Marchesini or Dymag. 

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

myblade2010 v blade2012

astonv8, I think you need to ride the 2012 Fireblade back to back with your 2010 bike. Then you can decide if its worth making any changes. I've got the 2008 bike and its the best Fireblade so far although i look to ride the 2012 blade sometime in April. Not looking to trade-up this time round.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle