Skip to content

Discuss This Stolen vehicle squad saved General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Stolen vehicle squad saved

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Stolen vehicle squad saved

One of the country’s last remaining police stolen vehicle squads has been saved from closure. The Met’s stolen vehicle unit, which has worked to jail organised bike thieves with undercover stings and long-running investigations, had been earmarked for closure in police budget cuts. But the unit is now to remain open, sources have confirmed. Met bosses have told the squad it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 January 2012 17:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stefmeister

Jun 11

stefmeister says:

Good news prevails

If I was in the position to do so; I would personally fund to expand this squad to all mayor cities. It makes my blood boil just to think that same a** is going to get their dirty hands on my pride and joy.

Reply to this Topic
bob9t9

Dec 05

bob9t9 says:

Don't jump for joy just yet...

It seam that the we are being fed a load of PR waffle. There were only 2 officers in the whole of the Met dealing with stolen bikes and now those 2 will have to look at car thefts as well. Good luck to them and we hope you still manage to get results as having any vehicle stolen is gutting. The department is being rebranded to reflect it dealings in 'serious crime'. So i see it that the vehicle squad has still in effect been closed, but it's remit has been quickly tacked on to a different departments for the sole purpose of releasing this press clipping.

Reply to this Topic
GrazzerFazer

Feb 11

GrazzerFazer says:

Stolen Vehicles

South Yorkshire Police have down graded vehicle theft now if your vehicle is stolen they say don't ring 99 but some new no urgent number, just shows the priority Plod put on Theft of our pride and joy.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No Use

In practically every country, the only reason to notify the police if your moto is stolen is that your insurance company will likely demand a police report before compensating you.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices