Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP remains in doubt MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP remains in doubt

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Estoril MotoGP remains in doubt

The Portuguese MotoGP round at the Estoril circuit, scheduled to take place on May 6, remains in doubt with no current agreement in place with rights owners Dorna. Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta confirmed to MCN in Italy last week during an appearance at Ducati’s 2012 MotoGP team launch that talks were on-going with Estoril management. But the Spaniard confirmed no deal has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 January 2012 14:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Moaner you're right about Stoner owning half of the circuits on the GP calendar but there a few he does not like Le Mans I know he won there last season but he does not regard that track his favourite same can be said about Estroil.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Moaner

Some great comments throughout your posts, had a good chuckle, cheers. Oh, and agree wholeheartedly about pissing the Qatar round off, but try telling Carmelo to part with his sandbags choc full of Arab dosh.

As I'm a greedy Aussie I'll throw The Creek into the ring. More flyaway rounds may be the future (at least until the European economy can wipe it's own arse again). They could swing by a week before or after PI, and falls into the category of the British tracks others have suggested (which I'm all for as well), which is a ready-made circuit and facilities, racing history, guaranteed fan turnout.

We could have the last corner Repsol Aussie-Spaniard drama of Doohan and Criville all over again, I'm sure Casey and Dani would be up for it, if Dani can get close enough that is  ;) 

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

European round

I'll go with a European round at Donnie, how can we have 4 rounds in Spain? Portimao is good,but they get very small crowds for WSBk. The word was that the Gerries lost over a million Euros at Sachsenring last year and EVERY day was a sell-out! What about Spa? F1 are back there and it's right in the middle of Western Europe.........Brits,Dutch,Frogs and Gerries..and it's a crackerjack of a track....what's not to like?

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Texas

Did I read somewhere that the new track in Texas was running into major problems and they could kill the whole project off?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A European round at Donington would be a great idea but like I said earlier the question is Dorna accept it and the answer to that IMO is no unfortunate it really is.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle