Skip to content

General Mr.philehidiot Mr.stonysleet Mr.r6buz Mr.CBRJGWRR Please reply back and if anyone else can help out :D General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Mr.philehidiot Mr.stonysleet Mr.r6buz Mr.CBRJGWRR Please reply back and if anyone else can help out :D

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

VladmirZvik

Jan 12

VladmirZvik says:

Mr.philehidiot Mr.stonysleet Mr.r6buz Mr.CBRJGWRR Please reply back and if anyone else can help out :D

*Hey guys, i would like to thank you for replying back to my message but for some reason i cant seem to reply back to you and it keeps giving me the same error message. I am going to walk away from it. Im twenty years old and i know i should be riding a geared bike but my confidence ain't that good with them right now but when i pass ill most probably get one in the end. Ive seen 3 bikes but not sure about them and i was hoping if you guys have the time to give me your opinion
1. Kawasaki BN
2. MH RX 50
3. Honda CBR125 
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/detail/Honda/CBR125R/2006/_/R-NXGN-2189342?mfy=11.048215 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 January 2012 23:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

And as LadyBiker alludes too

don't feel pressure to leap straight onto a 'Blade or even an R6. There's nothing more offputting than getting overwhelmed whilst trying to perfect a new skill.

Reply to this Topic
VladmirZvik

Jan 12

VladmirZvik says:

Am i right to say?

I see, well my birthdays is around June so im hoping ill pass and ill have enough practise by then. Thanks guys.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

My advice

if you're happier on a twist & go bike for the time being, then stick with that. You can always do lessons on a geared bike at a later stage when you feel more ready (you can ride a geared bike on a CBT even if the CBT was taken on a twist and go). Some schools have a geared bike upgrade - how long it takes to get the hang of a geared bike after a twist and go is subjective; some people inevitably learn quicker than others.

I went to a geared bike after a twist & go, and made all the beginner mistakes: pulling the clutch in (looking for back brake, stalling, too hard on back brake (not being used to using my foot for it). It was frustrating at times, but I stuck with it and passed the test, and I'm glad I did.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Something that might help,

if you're not feeling confident about geared bikes, is to find a training school that has what is sometimes called a two wheel trainer or something similar. Basically, it consists of a bike fastened down securely onto rollers, so although you probably won't be able to lean it over, you can use the clutch, all the gears, the throttle, brakes without the bike actually going anywhere, and you can't drop it, so you can practice everything to your hearts content, feel how all those different controls affect each other, and THEN go and ride around the tarmac on a normal bike to find out the balance side of it, and how to keep the bike upright by using all those controls :-) hope that helps, the Bristol Motorcycle Training centre were using such devices over twenty years ago, hopefully more training centres have followed suit :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices