Skip to content

Discuss This George White goes into administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > George White goes into administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

George White goes into administration

George White Motors, the UK’s leading motorcycle dealer group, has gone into administration this morning, MCN has learnt. Rumours of the closure began circulating early this morning with suggestions that staff at its dealerships in Swindon, Plymouth and Torbay had been made redundant. The shock news was then confirmed at around 11am to MCN by owner Steve Gannicott who said the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 January 2012 11:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

finished

That`s a shocker.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Didn't expect that.

The future doesn't look overly rosey for a great many bike dealers this year.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@locktab I doubt if the cost of an Aston Martin would have made much diffrence (there has to be some perks to being the boss)

When a business turns it can turn fast and I suspect they did everything they could to stop it going in to recievership.

Didn't they just build out a new show room somewhere?  perhapes this was a gamble to far in the current economic climate? 

Reply to this Topic
Triplerock

Jan 12

Triplerock says:

Just been there to order a part for the bike and their doors were closed. The staff were informed this morning. Very sad as they are a bunch of nice guys there. Good luck to them for the future.

Reply to this Topic
stobes

Oct 03

stobes says:

George White into Administration

Not surprising given the current climate.  They will have a lot of overheads with all their stores, and with the price hikes made on bikes, they're now not so affordable, so dealers will suffer.....the bigger ones like Goerge White probably more so.......very sad news, especially for the poor workers who will suffer from loss of their income etc.....

Reply to this Topic
Dweeb

Mar 09

Dweeb says:

Just too much pressure from the Bike Reps. I know Honda are having dealers change "Displays and Interiors" for the second time in about 2 years, ffs. !!., 

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Bummer Dude!

I quite liked going to their showrooms, you caould get current stuff or pick up a bargain on old stock if you were a bit tight for budget.

Well I hope things work out for the staff and there is some good news for them soon.

Reply to this Topic
markfranks

Aug 11

markfranks says:

Top Guys

Very sad to hear about George White going. They were all very helpfull and always had things to do for us bikers. Pat and the rest of the Honda staff at Swindon are top people and I wish them all the very best. George White is a great loss and will be very much missed by 1000's of us. Cant believe it! 

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

sad

my local Susuki dealer closed recently.  He had to; sales had dried up. Two new bikes sales in six months is not going to work is it? No stock movement no bikes to service ,gear to sell etc.

A lot has to be blamed on legislation, there are not enough new bikers comming onto the scene.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

The future

Be interesting to see if another group currently headed by an ex George White man will pick it up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices