Skip to content

Ask an Expert Will I be affected by these licenceing laws!! New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Will I be affected by these licenceing laws!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

masonjosh

Jan 11

masonjosh says:

Will I be affected by these licenceing laws!!

Hay,

I'm confused by these new licensing laws! 

I passed my motorcycle test in may last year, 2011. And I am currently on 33 bhp restriction, i turn 21 in december of this year. will these new laws affect me in any way? I don't know whether I will be affected from these laws as of January next year :(  

If anyone help me out I would really appreciate it, as Im worried that I did all that work last year for nothing!! 

Thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 January 2012 01:50)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Relax

You've already passed (well done for that:smile). All you need to do now is enjoy yourself until your two year restriction ends then, go enjoy yourself some more when the restriction's lifted!!:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

No you won't

as you've already passed the test.

I'm assuming you turn 21 before your 33bhp limit ends? In which case you would have been eligible for Accelerated Access - but it means taking a second test on the DAS bike (failing the second test has no bearing on the first test pass, so you could still run the 33bhp bike).

Under the new rules the age for DAS is going from 21 to 24, with "stepped" licencing below that age. I've no idea whether AAS will continue under the new rules, or whether AAS simply applies to those reaching the age of 24 instead of 21, but I'll have a look and find out.

If you simply see out the 2 years you won't be affected anyway - it'll apply to new riders from that point onwards I should imagine.

Reply to this Topic
masonjosh

Jan 11

masonjosh says:

Licence law

PHEW!! 

First of all thank you both for your comments!!  I was having a little crisis trying to figure this out. I will be seeing out the rest of my restriction in style then hahaha

Thanks guys really appreciate it. :) 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices