Skip to content

Discuss This 250bhp from new Ducati GP12 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 250bhp from new Ducati GP12

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

250bhp from new Ducati GP12

The new Ducati GP12 that Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden will give a public debut to in Sepang on January 31 is producing around 250bhp. The power figure was released by Karel Abraham’s Cardion AB Motoracing squad, which claims the 2012 power output is a 15bhp increase on the GP11 800cc machine that Rossi and Hayden struggled on so severely last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 January 2012 13:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

250hp

I'm sure Honda and Yamaha will be kicking out similar figures. It's down to Flo 'n' Co to make use of it. Hopefully they will.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Pacey they will sure follow Yamaha and Honda that is. There is no way the Japanese manufacturers will want to fall behind.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Same old,Same OLD

Specifically...OLD. Give the L-4 270 BHP and so what? Same old club 30+ pilots. Stoner was in and around 21 years of age when he ripped all the 800 L-4 had to offer. 

2012=2007 revisited...NOT,within Ducati GP. The team may come up with a brilliant bike,but their pilots will be hard pressed to stay with Dovi,Bradl,Bautista and Co.

Karel Abraham is interesting. He's a big youngster and has been blooded in GP1. Dark horse within Ducati ranks. I hope Ducati give him and Hector the kit they give Rossi and Hayden. From a strictly business perspective, they need to do an HRC and evaluate. ie: Run 4 Full Factory efforts as HRC did last year with Dani/Dovi/Casey/Simmo. Obviously banners and flags are an aside,but kit....give 'em equal kit says I.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Same kit........

......as Rossi. Hmm......unlikely but necessary imo.

'bootlegger', your'e right. Ducati need to make a full assault this season and (if they have any money left after last year!) spreading the knowledge SHOULD be a priority this season for THE FACTORY as apposed to putting all their eggs in one '30+yr old basket'.

Reply to this Topic
hondmog

Oct 08

hondmog says:

ducati

forgive me for asking but dosn't 90 degrees make it an L twin not a V twin

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pacey and bootlegger

if the 30+ basket pilot delivers this year then you will both humbled.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

@#46

Only one way to find out and enjoy the exhiliration or suffer the pain. Put the money where the mouth is !

Mine is firmly locked down on Lorenzo,Stoner and Spies in no particular order.

The #11 Yamaha rider is the one I fancy most for 2012 for a variety of reasons.

Ducati riders ? Well,lets face it,the chosen ones have passed their zenith. Sad but True.

The same will come to pass with the likes of Stoner/Lorenzo and Co. Who was the last GP racer to claim the title post 30 ? Was it Mick Doohan ?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

@hondmog and V

Absolutely right...Right Angle...90 Degree = L. Ducati never built a V anything and have no reason to change the perfect primary balance of the layout,hence the prospect of 250BHP/Desmo.

Tilt it this way or that,it remains an L.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Karel Abraham

Bootlegger Nice to see someone else recognising Abraham's talent. I've been saying for some time that he has done brilliant on what was a 2 year old bike. Reckon Ducati should dump Hayden or give him a full factory bike. Reckon he could be the "new" Stoner for Ducati!! Could even give Rossi a big shock I reckon!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

The New GP12

Am i being an idiot or is this a pic of the new bike....www.iol.co.za/motoring/bikes/ducati/ducati-planning-motogp-fightback-1.1216782

I think it is...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle