Skip to content

Discuss This 250bhp from new Ducati GP12 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 250bhp from new Ducati GP12

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

250bhp from new Ducati GP12

The new Ducati GP12 that Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden will give a public debut to in Sepang on January 31 is producing around 250bhp. The power figure was released by Karel Abraham’s Cardion AB Motoracing squad, which claims the 2012 power output is a 15bhp increase on the GP11 800cc machine that Rossi and Hayden struggled on so severely last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 January 2012 13:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Stacey's record.......

2002 250 -----2003 125 8th, 2004 125 5th, 2005 250 2nd, 2006 GP 8th, 2007 GP 1st, 2008 GP 2nd

(After criticising the trellis frame & demanding more stiffness!! at his age) the carbon frame was introduced. Can pull the info if required.

2009 GP 4th  2010 GP 4th - leaves a mess and goes to the legendary make on the grid.

I can see that he is quite successful after no real significant results from 02 - 07. But why is it people think he really is THAT good.

If you take one of his contempories, Lorenzo, since 2004 he has 4th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 2nd. That to me looks much better. Or is it just me?

As for the Ducati, I hope for MotoGP's sake it is a success. The two seater...if the hp and top speed are to be believed will require new sets of leathers each time out as Mamola scares the S***t out of his pillions.

No doubt the other real prototypes on the grid will have similar performance figures. So smoking tires all round then. Imagine taking the electronics off these bikes.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

smilo

2009 GP 4th 2010 GP 4th - leaves a mess and goes to the legendary make on the grid.

After busting ya balls would'nt you?

As for 'a legendary make'............................................they'd not won the title in the 800's, how legendary is that?!!!!  

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

It will be a strange seazon for me, as both my favorite riders Nori(still no ride) and Supersic will no longer be featured in WSBK and Moto GP. But hell still can't wait. 1000's or 800's won't matter much i think. It's gonna be J-lo and Casey all the way . At least there will be a CRT with a Kawa screamer engine. No chance for results for all crt teams but Kawasaki inline 4s sound so good. The biggest fail even before this seizon has started? Honda not giving Alvaro/Gresini The factory RVC that Marco would have got. What's up with that? Bautista was getting better and better on the Suzuki, pushing himself and the Suzuki forward at the end of last seizon. Give him a factory Honda for christs sake.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Revnev... you are wrong...

"work out how many titles casey won on the duke since 2007 and his finishing position each year, then work out how many titles rossi won and his finishing position."

"By my reckoning,CS won 1 and ummmm VR none.Mind you,Rossi aint been riding for Ducati very long! Still 7th,emmm,will be better this year though,{ 6 work`s bike`s },so there ya go acanada46."

Nope... he said since 2007 & didn't specify what bike Rossi was riding... Stoner hasn't won a single championship on the Ducati since 2007... so that make Rossi the class leader for the period 2008 & 2009... which we knew... but not 2010 'cos JL won it... or 2011, but then Stoner wasn't with Ducati & everything else is outside of his criteria...

:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

HEDGEHOG,

I think you`ll find i`m right,the only bike mentioned,was the Duke,or maybe I misread it !

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THEM WERE DAY`S,

how many time`s did Phil Read win title`s since 1949,what happen`s if you ask a pig what his arse is made of.Bit pointless?,I think so too.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Revnev...

"I think you`ll find i`m right,the only bike mentioned,was the Duke,or maybe I misread it !"

Na... he'd have said "how many titles rossi won on a Ducati and his finishing position."

Looking at the question Stoner on the Ducati since 2007 scored 2nd, 4th & 4th... average 3.33... Rossi on an unspecified bike since 2007 scored 1st, 1st, 3rd & 7th... average... erm 3rd... so if you discount both Stoner's wins & include all Rossi's Stoner still comes out only 0.33 down on Rossi... according to acanada's criteria (since 2007, Stoner on a Ducati, Rossi on an unspecified bike)... maybe he did mean Rossi on a Ducati... ?

:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Dewindling No's

The Rossi lover's are just getting dam nasty since there god has fallen.They have come out of the closet strong this year with there bold keyboard bashing against the other riders and manufacturers , and considering that the stats and test times have not been released by the manufactures yet it proves to us that there racing knoweledge is just a biased opinion . Be interesting to see if they bring up there favourite line from last year at this time "Testing is not racing". But they have already proved that they are not fan's of the sport remember the Rossi fans who left the Italian race when there god received a DNF so just jog on Rossi lovers your no's are dewindling

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

V Angle

will stay the same, and Ducati have hinted (though we can be assure it wont come to pass) that once they have the bike balanced they could go back to a trellis however they would loose the advantages gains from 2012 and 2013

'Prezious' gave an interview to local of the local bike mags here, he made some interesting commnets about Rossi and his input from 2011. Its clear Prezious feels as though Ducati should have continued down the same path.

However as we all know - without Stoner there was no other rider able to follow that route, and even Stoner couldnt mak eit work all fo the time - which when your racing Honda and Yamaha just isnt enough

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

typos

interview to one of the local...

he made some interesting comments...

even Stoner couldn't make it work all of the time....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices