Skip to content

Discuss This Thanks for stopping? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Thanks for stopping?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

JimKnight

Jan 12

JimKnight says:

Thanks for stopping?

On tuesday January 17 I was hit by a car on the A40 near Northolt by a lady in a black saloon. She decided to take advantage of a space in lane 2 which had just started moving about 5mph faster than lane 3 in which she was situated. Unfortunately she neglected to observe that there was an obstruction - me on my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 January 2012 17:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Mistake

Your first mistake was admitting you have a Kawasaki ER 6F,

Your second was admitting you wear Hi-Vis.

Why pull over, you should have kept your eye on the Lady and caught her up.

Not everyone is cut out to be a "biker", maybe you should get out while you are still in one piece.

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Dont Be an ass Chimneyportions

Glad to hear that you are ok jim ... dont mind that clueless fool ... when you get a bad hit like that i can only imagine it near gives you a heart attack... ive never been that close before so i cant speak from experience but i do know the best for you to do is just pull over and compose yourself or you would have been done for road rage... i have nearly 20 years on and of experience on the roads as a biker and have had frights but dont let it turn you off biking ... let this just be a valued lesson on how car drivers can be so unpredictable towards bikers... the bike your driving now is a superb machine and will give you plenty of enjoyable ride outs in the good weather ... dont give up on biking ... drive safe ..

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

JimKnight:

Sorry to hear about being struck by some clumsy, useless driver like that.  Chances are she didn't even notice anything had happened - some people seem to treat the whole business of driving as somehow not real, like it's a TV show or something

Don't take any notice of that ChimneyPortions fool - he's off his meds again,  taken to drinking that cheap gut-rot cider.   Besides which,  he hates all bikers and hates bikes.   That's OK.  We all hate him back.

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Statistic

If you are that shaken up by what sounds like a pretty innocuous accident, maybe you shouldn't be on a bike.

Like a lot of things it is better to learn to ride a bike when you are young, before you pick up bad habits from driving a car like taking for granted that other road users see you.

Why do think the highest risk group of riders is older bikers who are new to biking or have just got another bike after many years in a car.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Agree with ERP30

Glad your okay.

Theres nothing daft about wearing high-viz (particularly in the dark it stands out so well) and I have a very soft spot for the ER6F too. A great bike.

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

OMG

Sorry but dont take any notice of that Chip-on-his-shoulder-Portions gobshite... real bikers have full respect for all ages when it comes to biking ... anyone can learn at any age and become proficient riders... keep with the riding as you will find the longer your on them the bigger and better you want ... Its so so addictive  :biggrin:....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
advoc8

Jul 10

advoc8 says:

Oh Dear Chimneyportions

"Your first mistake was admitting you have a Kawasaki ER 6F,Your second was admitting you wear Hi-Vis.Why pull over, you should have kept your eye on the Lady and caught her up.Not everyone is cut out to be a "biker", maybe you should get out while you are still in one piece.

If you are that shaken up by what sounds like a pretty innocuous accident, maybe you shouldn't be on a bike.Like a lot of things it is better to learn to ride a bike when you are young, before you pick up bad habits from driving a car like taking for granted that other road users see you.Why do think the highest risk group of riders is older bikers who are new to biking or have just got another bike after many years in a car."

F**k off you tw*t

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Boltysan

Nov 11

Boltysan says:

advoc8 & Chimneyportions,

One word...

Tw@s

Reply to this Topic
Boltysan

Nov 11

Boltysan says:

But maybe an apology to advoc8 after  a re-read!

Reply to this Topic
advoc8

Jul 10

advoc8 says:

Many Thanks

Apology accepted

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN