Skip to content

Discuss This Thanks for stopping? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Thanks for stopping?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

JimKnight

Jan 12

JimKnight says:

Thanks for stopping?

On tuesday January 17 I was hit by a car on the A40 near Northolt by a lady in a black saloon. She decided to take advantage of a space in lane 2 which had just started moving about 5mph faster than lane 3 in which she was situated. Unfortunately she neglected to observe that there was an obstruction - me on my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 January 2012 17:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petexjr

Dec 08

petexjr says:

Keep biking

I bet if you had hit the car, plenty of motorists would have been using their mobiles to call in YOUR reg to the police.

A few years ago, riding in the Yorkshire dales, a bike passed me and the ol' lady and a few cars in front of us. About a mile down the road, he had come off on a bend and hit a stone wall with a sign on it. There were a least four cars between us and him but not one of them stopped to see if he was ok. He could have been dead for all they cared. We helped him back on the road, he was quite badly hurt but wouldn't let us call an ambulance. I suspect it was because he had just destroyed the wall which said "welcome to the Yorkshire dales".

You keep on biking, take no notice of not real bikers and help others, no matter what they ride, how old they are or how experienced. United we stand etc etc.

Reply to this Topic
vstrombandit

Sep 09

vstrombandit says:

Keep on biking

Jim - glad you are ok and don't let this shake up your confidence. You did the right thing in pulling over to get yourself together. Ignore idiots like Chimney - he is not a true biker as we stick together and support our community. I doubt that he is even a biker, if he is, then he probably thinks he is the best biker on the road, when his skill level is probably not much more than a 4 year old riding a tricycle.

The highest risk group is arrogant tw$$ts like chimney who ride like k$$bs and  who get their facts wrong. The two highest groups are youngster who pass their tests then hop on big CC bikes, and born again bikers who don't ride for years and think they can just hop on and restart

Maybe it would be a good time to do the DSA Enhanced Rider course. I did and found it very useful, despite 10 years of riding. Got one to one training in a very relaxed manner, without the pressure of trying to pass an advanced test.

Good luck!!

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

Enhanced Riders Course

Hi, Jim,

Hope you are OK. I agree with vstrombandit and recommend the enhanced riders course. Mine only took a day and I learned such alot though it's stuff that - if applied to gun law - teach you to avoid bullets rather than fix the guys with the guns (car drivers) if you follow me. But it can keep you alive so worth the recommendation.

Finally - as any experienced motorcyclist will tell you - listen to and obey your instincts.

Have fun!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Hi JIm, glad you're okay and hope this hasn't put you off bikes! As an old phart, this story has re-kindled rosy memories of the days when bikers really looked out for one another. Riding old Brit knockers usually resulted in a break down of some sort, but you could almost always rely on help arriving from the most unexpected quarters. I still remember a fella on a Bonnie towing my Commando down the A2 when the zener diode packed up and cooked my battery! Hairy as feck, but something I'll never forget. It's good to know that the unwritten code still exists between us two wheeled afficionados.

Remember - keep it shiny side up! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle