Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 WSB grid grows to 24 permanent riders World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > 2012 WSB grid grows to 24 permanent riders

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

2012 WSB grid grows to 24 permanent riders

Despite the ongoing economical down turn the World Superbike Championship grid has grown to 24 permanent riders in 2012. And the depth of field is once again impressive with full factory efforts from Aprilia, BMW and Kawasaki with supported teams from Honda, Suzuki and Ducati. 1  Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia RSV4 1000 F Aprilia Racing Team2  Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia RSV4...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 January 2012 13:42)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

No Haga !!!

Boooooooo. Fair enough he does ask for too much money probably but he was/is still capable at running around with the fast boys !!

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Where's Haga

It seems a shame that crowd favourite Noriyuki Haga is not riding this year, he was second in the championship in 2009 and after 2010 I would class as a recovery year he had some good showings last year. I know some moaners are going to say he's nearly 37 but Troy Corser was a similiar age when he won for Suzuki in 2005, Bayliss won his championships in later years as did Biaggi as did Checa and people would have said he was washed up a few years ago. He is also not in Moto Gp and I would think he would be great in a CRT team.  

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Fantastic

There is some real talent here. Should be a great season.

I hope Haslam can do something. Should be interesting Him and Malandri. I think the Hopper could be a real contender and as most people on this forum can verify, I rarely get it wrong.

Haga at age 37 has probably had enough. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Great line up but I am sad too as the Yamaha WSB team are no longer racing.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

I rarely get it wrong.......

....... Fantastic........ this is WSB..... Hopper, let's all watch him box above his weight...... Haslam, interesting... he is yet to move outside his business plan.....

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Haga ?????

Looks like a good strong field...but where is Haga ???...... Please dont tell me he has retired..... Perhaps he may do a " Hopkins" and come to BSB for a year ?.... or is that me just dreaming !!

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Haga

Didn't Haga do some BSB rounds in 2004 or 2005??? with as I can recall very limited success on a Ducati. I therefore could not see him in BSB.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Haga is BSB bound...

... well that's the word from a reliable source (Spuds MacKenzie). He has Tweeted that it'll be on a Ducati... not sure if it's the 1199 or a 1198.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Surprised

I'd be surprised. Could he challenge the likes of Hill & Laverty.

Reply to this Topic
adysmith

Mar 05

adysmith says:

bsb big names

personally l don,t mind which riders race known or not the good will be at the front but it,d be nice to see some not so well off riders get a chance on some good kit .maybe as a reward for privateer effort  like a golden ride works bike the next race , an only allow them max 4 races on  it or something to give other riders a chance of a go on it to show there talent

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices