Skip to content

Discuss This Teams prepare for world’s daftest bike adventure General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Teams prepare for world’s daftest bike adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Teams prepare for world’s daftest bike adventure

In just a few weeks 15 teams will navigate 1000 miles across the frozen rivers of Siberia in a fleet of 1940s Russian Ural sidecar outfits with temperatures of as low as -40C. Competitors will have to find their own route to the finish line and camp along the way. Brit Simon Limpus, 31, and New Zealand team-mate Dave Murray, 32, are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 January 2012 14:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

this sounds completely insane. question, how do i sign up for next year?

Reply to this Topic
ccarrera42

May 10

ccarrera42 says:

Sounds mad, anyone know if there's any televised/webcast coverage for this? If so, where will I find it?

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Documentry, anybody?

ccarrera42, your right. It would make a fantastic documentry.

I bet there wont be one though.

Probably too late now but it would have been good if they could have got a film maker involved in the project.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

GPS

I wonder what the rules say about navigation... cos with modern GPS's it can't be too hard to find the finish line?

Reply to this Topic
ccarrera42

May 10

ccarrera42 says:

RE: GPS

I don't think GPS would be much of an advantage, sure if you used it you wouldn't get lost, but it's guidance would stick to the 'roads' where everyone else would be short-cutting over frozen rivers and the like.

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Although GPS is commonly used to mean road navigation systems, it is in fact a simple positioning system (GPS stands for Global Positioning System and is run by the US military) and was first used (in a civilian context) in air navigation - although in a sense so was the initial military use - self guided weapons delivery to target. 

What most people refer to as GPS today is actually a coupling of GPS (ie a positioning system) with an live Autoroute type of application.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

How about an MCN team?

Its the quiet time outside the racing season and MCN will be struggling to fill the pages so how about a couple of journalists have a go to bring us a good story. Make a change from them hammering around southern European race tracks bringing us more tests of the fastest sports bikes. They could even write a book and bring out a DVD about it later a make a mint! How about it guys?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices