You are in... Forums > General > General > Advice Needed

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Advice Needed

I need advice I am about to close a deal on a GSXR 750 Slingshot. The head stop is broken. I believe a new 1 can be welded onto the frame but am I wrong???. I also need to transport it from London to Northants does anybody know of a cheap company. Thanks folks I'll be back on later to see if any kind folks have replied.    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 January 2012 17:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Broken head-stop

Broken head-stop to me suggests crashed or stolen.  I would advise you to be very cautious.   

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Indeed.....

I'm with Marcus there.. My first thought when I read headstock broken was stolen but crashed is probably more likely!! Be VERY sure u know what ur buying before u part with ur hard earned!! HPI it, find out its history!

As for welding a new stop on...... Shouldn't be a problem! 
Transport wise, why don't u hire or borrow a van and do it yourself? Would me much cheaper and a day out to boot! 
Have you seen this bike in the metal?....

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

I have brought it

I know the score with the bike it is a Cat-C and it has had a slide. I have not seen the the bike in the flesh but it looks like just plastic which don't bother me as I'm gonna fighter it anyway. The place were I brought it from has promised me 2 there knolage apart from the plastic it's just the head stop due 2 the bar's dragging when it had it's slide. I would have liked to have a look and go and fetch it but I work 60+ hours per week night's so it's a bit tricky 2 find the 4 hour round trip time . Thanks for the advice folks.:smile

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

try

ebay for a frame might be cheaper than getting the other one repaired and  re painted 

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

I hope 2 sort this frame out.

If it's only the stop's broke I can get that fixed no problem I am an ex welder and still have a number of contacts in the trade so finger's crossed that's all it is I'll find out on Monday when it is delivered. The delivery cost me just under £100 which I thought was quite good as it would have been a 160+ mile round trip for me so with the petrol and sorting my M8 out with a few beers for the lend of his trailer I wouldn't have saved a lot.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

is it an ally frame

best ov luck mate .... hope allis well with you and hope the bike turns out to be  good un....ian

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Thanks for that M8

Ye the frame is Ally it's a 1988 slingshot I've wanted that model for over 22 years and I think they make the best fighters. I would have liked to buy a better 1 but it's a case of funds it was this or nothing so I hope I can make a good un out of it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices