Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati begins 1199 Panigale production New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati begins 1199 Panigale production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Ducati begins 1199 Panigale production

Ducati has finally started building the hotly-anticipated and all-new 1199 Panigale superbike at the Bologna factory this week. The Panigale is the all-new 200bhp 1200cc V-twin superbike the firm hopes will revolutionise the class when it’s launched in two weeks’ time in Dubai. MCN will be one of the first publications in the world to ride the bike in early February and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 January 2012 10:20)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

SatNavSteve

Reference your comment on Diavel. I bought one from the trade last July with just 400miles on it. I bought it to sell but since then have covered over 3000miles on it. I think it's brilliant alot of fun to ride and handles really well much better than it's design says it should. Can you imagine the Mark 2 Diavel with a 1199 Panigale Engine in it, scary. The thing is fast enough now with the 1198 in it, 0-60 around 2.6 secs so they say, feels like it too. You must test ride one but if you do be prepared to buy one as you will want one.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

twobike!

Thanks for that, but I don't think I will be buying one coz theres nowhere to lash all my camping gear. If they get the lotto numbers right this weekend though, it might be a different matter!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Baubles

Drop the price of the Panigale by a third and put a Honda badge on it, and it would not sell nearly as well.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

just another  bike in a long long line of over rated Ducati

for posers and muppets

if it its not japanese it s  tractor end of

its so good ducati wont even race it this year what a joke

Reply to this Topic
markg1150

Oct 09

markg1150 says:

i have to resist

this is the first bike in a long time that has had me looking at my bank account and doing sum maths. i love twins but the lack of top end rush to match the low end grunt always made them feel slow at certain times, if the info is correct o baby i gotta get me one. plus i think its proper gorgeous. oulton park on 200hp twin !! o yes 

stlyling is somthing the jap/german bikes are all going massivly backwards on at the min. i dont like the look of any of the big thous to want to spend money on them. iif im gonna ride summat ugly it might as well be cheap. that way i dont care if it gets smashed

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

gixercarl

Your comment seems a bit strange mate. How can you say Ducati, wining MotoGP, WSBK, let alone other championships through the years are over rated.

Seems more like envy to me :-)

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

nickyb

i have owned most of the top superbikes in last 20 years

dont confuss common sense with envy dear boy

you see you are the perfect mug that ducati feed off

they set the rules in wsb so they win then mugs like you go and buy the sheds they put on the road thinging you have the same bike as foggy and bayliss

anybody with a brain bigger than an omeba knows ducatis make shit road bikes compared to japan

mind you they look good when you pass shop windows hey nicky caus you got wsb pedigree lolol

you sad muppet

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Personal Choice

Can't believe some of the personal slagging matches between guys who are basicaly all into the same thing i.e. Bikes and that's a good thing.

I have owned so so many bikes over the past 39 years riding and what I do know is that in general they just get better and better. Love Blades owned the first one in 1992 and many since then, just sold my ZZR 1400 which I had for 3 years from new, brilliant bike. Use an RSV4F for Track Days. None of that has stopped me ordering a Panigale, why order one, easy, because I can. This isn't a trial run you only live once. I have worked bloody hard for my money, how I choose to spend it, is my choice.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

a trial run

Haha, it always cracks me up when people say things like: `you only live once` How do you know? You don`t, it`s just a thing others repeat because it sounds vaguely radical. If life isn`t a trial then why try things, hey? Good on you twobike though, to take that opportunity to run the Panigale! Happy wheelies :)

Reply to this Topic
Tricolore

Feb 12

Tricolore says:

gixercarl you tool!

SBK Standings

Duc 1

Yam 2

Aprilia 3

BMW 4

Duc 5

Aprilia 6

Aprilia 7

6 of the top 7 are NOT jap bikes - and your piece of crap Susuki doesnt even register as a real bike on any list.  So shut your pie hole yo ustupid tool and you wont sound like such an ass.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle