Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Tiger 1050 not a tourer?! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Tiger 1050 not a tourer?!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Robert Grant  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 not a tourer?!

I dont know why you guys say the Tiger 1050 can't go off road or isn't a good tourer. Here is mine. It's the best darn bike I've ever had. I can tour, track and do canyon runs on it and it always asks for more!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 January 2012 11:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Nice

Thats a beauty ... great pics...

Reply to this Topic
pmeiss

Jan 12

pmeiss says:

Where?

Hi,

Loved the pictures! Where was this? I am planninga similar adventure on my Tiger 800XC  and I am looking for terrain like this! Would be helpful.

I can in return give magical routes in South Africa to go explore...

P

Reply to this Topic
D41able

Sep 10

D41able says:

Nice!!....Is that in the Cleveland National Forest by chance??

Reply to this Topic
Rgrant

Jan 12

Rgrant says:

My Tiger Photos

Hi guys!

Thanks for the positive comments.

The photo of me in the yellow helmet was taken on the famous "Snake" portion of Mulholland HWY in Agoura, California which is a few miles above the equally famous "Rock Store" which is a great motorcycle hangout.

The photo of my bike parked on the dirt trail going up hil was taken on Quatell Cyn road off the 33 Hwy by Ventucopa, California. The profile photo of my bike was taken at the Carizzo Plain National Monument off the 58 Hwy right before setting up camp.

Reply to this Topic
Rgrant

Jan 12

Rgrant says:

The Quatal Cyn Road Coordinates of the the first photo are here for those that want to go one a good adventure trail.

34°51'39.81"N (LAT)

119°14'41.24"W (LONG)

Reply to this Topic
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

Lovely bike Robert, where in the world did you get that big ass bag? I want one!

Reply to this Topic
Rgrant

Jan 12

Rgrant says:

The model of bag is called "Colorado".The company that makes it is called Watershed. they honestly make the best dry bags. Their website is drybagsDOTcom..Its a side opening dry bag with a built in air valve for removing the air in the the bag once its packed. Which is incredibly useful and gives me more room to sit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices