Skip to content

Discuss This Keith Amor retires from road racing TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Keith Amor retires from road racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Keith Amor retires from road racing

Scotsman Keith Amor has taken the decision to retire from road racing at the age of 39. The TT Legends Honda rider made the decision to retire after serious shoulder injuries he sustained at the Isle of Man TT in 2011 failed to heal. "I had three freaky crashes last year and they left me in a lot of pain," said...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 January 2012 10:23)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

All the best for the future, hope you get your shoulder properly sorted.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Sad Day

What a sad day, Keith was always a hard charging road racer who I always enjoyed watching at the TT. It seems recently that a lot of great racers are retiring early from crashes that initially seemed to be not too serious.

I think Keith was very unlucky in 2011 at the TT and to his credit, gave a fabulous account of himself whilst carrying the injuries he sustained early (Four top 5 finishes and a podium). Top man.

He will be greatly missed. Good luck in all things you take on moving forward.

Reply to this Topic
sierramarc

Aug 02

sierramarc says:

Good luck for the future Keith, will miss your style on the race track.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

All the best!

With a little bit of luck a win at the TT wasn't far away! When I was at the TT a few years ago it was great to see a fellow scot up there at the front!! Good wishes for the future Keith! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Sunday Roast

You say Keith was unlucky in the 2011 TT. The other side is that he was very lucky not to hit anything when he came off in the wet in the Supersport TT. I saw the video of this.

A superb rider that always brought so much to the TT. However at 39 IMO this is a great time to hang up your leathers. We can no doubt look forward to his informed comments on Radio TT.

Best of luck for the future.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

What a legend

The guy was always fun to watch, and always tried hard... what more could you ask for! Let's hope he stays involved in motorcycle racing as a manager or mentor or something??

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

sorry to hear it

got your t-shirt from nec show last year and always wear it with pride. awsum style will be missed.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Right decision, he's been there and got the t-shirt. Not many get to race factory Hondas - he can hold his head high.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

All the best mate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle