Skip to content

Discuss This 1000cc switch to help Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 1000cc switch to help Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

1000cc switch to help Ben Spies

Yamaha expects the introduction of the new 1000cc MotoGP class to help American rider Ben Spies mount a challenge for more victories in 2012. The Texan’s factory Yamaha team boss Massimo Meregalli believes the style required to ride the new generation 1000s will favour Spies, who won the World Superbike title for the Japanese factory back in 2009. Although Spies collected his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 January 2012 10:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

the expression is

clutching at straws.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

what about the other 12 or so where i was miles of the pace?

More then two good races Germany too slip back to 6th not the ideal position if you're a works rider but a lonely ride then all hell breaks loose between two Italians the late Simo and Dovi good job of getting past the former Gresini man and putting the foot out just missed out on the last one as the race ended the pace was there as Spies pointed out in his race interview. 

Spies has still to be Dovi in a championship and is fighting to keep his ride beyond this coming season, never mind being in a fight for the title.

Well this season for sure he will beat Dovi to a pulp and I am certain of that.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

wow, this thread has enough steam to keep going until Qatar at this rate ..... fuelled mostly by elbowz in meltdown.  did you not get your thesaurus for Christmas?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

like i said

clutching at straws

Spies has the works bike and hasnt used it properly, and unlike last year theres a rider on a stelite bike thats as good if not better than him so he'l be looking over his shoulder.

Dovi has nothing to lose and everything to gain by pushing the tech3 to its limit ,ever as Ben has everything to lose. His arse will be twitching like a rabbits nose everytime he see a tech3 bike near him which will be often on his current form.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Don' get carried away now Elbowz. Yes i do think he is better than Dovi. But he aint no allien. Same thing with Rossi fans, they tend to forget Jorge was kicking valentino's ass before Rossi got injured. People love their favorite riders, so do i! Nori Haga kicking 2 time champ Corsers aussie ass all over the place on the R1 Santander Yamaha days. Corser 2 championships, Haga 0 the far better rider is Nori haga.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

cosher

i only keep posting to torment the sad deluded fool.

i actually like Spies, without him and dovi there would be a huge gap between fourth and seventh.

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

I'd say Ben & Dovi are on the same level

Ben has a win in the dry, which Dovi doesn't have even though he's been on a factory bike for 3 years, and Dovi was on the best bike in the paddock last year. Dovi does have 2 more years on a MotoGP bike, so you would expect him to be a little better since Ben had to change his riding style.

Dovi has finished ahead of Ben in the standings both years, but Ben was on the satelite bike in '10 and finished only 1 spot/30 points back. Dovi has finished ahead of Ben in 22 of 35 races in '10/'11 (including DNF/DNS).

Ben and Dovi might not be as fast as Pedrosa/Stoner/Lorenzo, but they are probably at 98-99% of those 3 by comparison, which is still faster then a lot of people.

If/When both move to Superbike I would expect Ben to have the edge simply based on experience.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And the award

For the most often used statistic in one day goes to Benny

"Dovi 3rd - Spies 5th"

You're getting that repetitive you'll qualify for your own slot on UK Gold soon alongside all the other has been comedians

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

How wd you like to work for Jarvis?....what an unmotivating egotist. No wonder 46 kept clear of him...

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

lol was not joking about Superbike

but I will gladly eat my words if Dovi goes to Superbike and does what Spies did when he dominated in his only season in WSBK.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices