Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow defends Andrea Dovizioso over motocross injury MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow defends Andrea Dovizioso over motocross injury

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow defends Andrea Dovizioso over motocross injury

Cal Crutchlow has defended Monster Yamaha Tech team-mate Andrea Dovizioso after the Italian broke his right collarbone in a motocross training accident earlier this month. Dovizioso faced criticism from some quarters saying MotoGP riders should not risk injury by using motocross as part of their training regime. Former Repsol Honda rider Dovizioso, who finished third in the 2011 world championship, required surgery...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 January 2012 15:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Almost is not the same as completely

though is it Benny?

The only bit I would question is the 'none of us go out and do crazy things' bit. Young, highly competitive, testosterone driven, very talented young men not go a little crazy on a motorcycle? Perhaps Cal's interpretation of what constitutes 'crazy' is simply much higher than mine.

Let them ride and stop whinging about it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

I agree

Motorcycling is dangerous, and if the riders were allowed to practice more on track it might help... like Cal says, where else can they practice then?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Scalextric?

It used to work for me as a kid keeping me focussed before the next chance to nail the Ammaco Mongoose to within an inch of our lives.

Although it's F1 check this clip to get an idea of how a racer's mind works then apply it to bikes and think of a way to keep that mindset warm over winter  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqJ40ro56g

Motocross is probably the closest a road racer can get to keeping it all ticking over (under current rules) and given that most of them have started off road it's a pretty obvious solution. I bet they all feel that hurtling around a dirt track is " less dangerous " than the day job but as it involves motorcycles it will still be dangerous anyway. F1 drivers love their simulators and they seem to work at keeping reflexes and muscle memory fresh so I wonder if they would work for bikes.  

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sorry Benny

The whinge comment wasn't intended to be directed at you, more those that have a bleat each time a rider hurts himself in training.

Which surprise, surprise also happens to other athletes, pulling or straining muscles / ligaments.

Right I'm going to fix my spelling mistakes and make you look a fool now.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Nice pic?

Could mcn not have cOme up with a better pic of crutch than that!!? Racers have to practice! But yes moto x is dangerous. Let's hope all the field stay fit and healthy this year so that injuries don't play a part in the championship. And please god that we don't have any more incidents. Rip 58.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

GO CRUTCHLOW!!

I really hope crutchlow ups his game this year and gets some good results! If not he will no doubt be following toseland out the door. Hope not tho.

Reply to this Topic
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

Some quarters?

I notice the source of the criticism is never actually identified. A more suspicious person would accuse the hacks at MCN of making stuff up on a slow news day.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

two wheels

stoner hasn't hopped on a dirt bike for years , he rides a pushbike everyday and it seems to be enough for him . but i recon they should just do what they think works for them , even a pushbike has its dangers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices