Skip to content

Discuss This New KTM Adventure spied on test New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New KTM Adventure spied on test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New KTM Adventure spied on test

This is the all-new KTM Adventure with a 1290cc V-twin engine which is expected to produce around 130bhp - 25bhp more than its arch-rival, the BMW R1200GS. The bike was spotted while undergoing road development in the Canary Islands by keen-eyed MCN reader Colin Crewther and appears to be a very early hand-built prototype. These are used to set basic engineering parameters...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 January 2012 16:42)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Can't see anything for the MCN logo.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Im sure it will be a great bike, but would have been nice to see something nicer then the current model which most agree is no looker.

http://inlineperformancemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/TRICRUISER1.jpg

Something a bit more like this would be way sexier ...

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

MCN Logo

Not sure why MCN bothered to put these up, you barely see anything for MCN logo.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

ewwwwwwwwwwwww that can on it look craps frount looks ok looks more like a smt than a adventure and if its a adventure i wont be parting with new 990 R any time soon make it look more dakar style thats what ktm owners want

i love my 990r best bike ive had

if i was ktm i would do this for the new adv to make owner ship easyer/cheeper and sell more

1/ a fuel gauge
2/heated grips that are part of the switch gear
3/more power and smoother
4/switch able maps 1/ready to race(full power) 2/ normal (eco mode 50+mpg)
5/ a proper bash plate
6/ develope the current design style to look more dakar
7/ bigger service gaps
8/ run on more easy to get 10/40w oil
9/ look at ways to make it cheeper to service big serivce is quoted at £450 at local dealer (i be doing that my self)

10/ colours orange/black/dakar blue

Reply to this Topic
Dweeb

Mar 09

Dweeb says:

A "Chain",........so no panic from BMW then.

Reply to this Topic
pebble35

Aug 03

pebble35 says:

Looks like it is aimed fair and square at the Ducati Multistrada / Kawasaki Versys and typical BMW GS rider who will not go within half a mile of a dirt track. Is it really closer to a 1300cc SMT rather than an Adventure ? I would like to know a bit more about the second Adventure model promised for 2013 ............. Look at the new 690 Duke - initial reports say it is almost vibration free, high MPG, high service intervals, good performance............... Will we see a 690 Adventure next year ?

Reply to this Topic
mikehannan

Jun 11

mikehannan says:

Fuel tank

Hopefully, someone will think to put a decent sized fuel tank on this model.  When you spend that much on a bike, you shouldn't have to go to the after-market to get a decent "adventure" fuel range.  Nothing less than 30 litres please Mr KTM

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Can't see it...

for the massive MCN logo...

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Where.................

Cant see you idiots, but I can just make out an awful exhaust :-(

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

MCN logo

We had to put the MCN logo on these images as this is the only way we can preserve them from being stolen and dispersed around the web. Even with the MCN logos plastered all over them they are being pinched. Other websites seem to confuse putting a credit on the bottom of stolen pictures as some kind of permission to use them. It isn't. They don't have copyright.

We spent quite a bit of money buying these images from an MCN reader who got them while he was on holiday. Just as we will do for anyone who gets us spy shots we can use. All you have to do is email me and I will see what we can sort out.

All we ask is that people don't take risks to get shots of protoype bikes; there is no way we want people risking test riders or themselves to get spy shots just to earn a bit of money.

Kind regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices