You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > 26 01 12

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

26 01 12

time for my gixer thread  me thinks............until now it has been garage serviced to keep the warranty in line...................so here goes of what i have done so far

1.....7500 mls service inc plugs, oil n filter, antifreeze change, brake n clutch fluid change.......no pics im afraid but i saved the reciepts
the reason im doing this thread is so when i sell ol blacker is that the new owner can really see her history and see what has been done
extras..........
1.... tail tidy
2.....braided front lines
3....arrow end cans
4....rear seat cowl
5....r&g crash protection

im not selling her anytime soon.........im just putting her history with me together in this thread:wink::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 January 2012 19:31)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

16 03 12

a bit of ol man bling fitted.......bought oxford sport heated grips and fitted them, the girth aint that much thicker than standard grips so they should be easy to get used to...............they were a bit of a pain in the arse to fit as a bit of grinding of the throttle tube was required to get the grip on and the glue is messy business, but im more than happy with the end result and my toasty hands means safer riding:biggrin:, i will put the pics on later:wink:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

time to get this thread interesting

time for some mods so the choked k8 might just beat the k5..6............apart from all the emission shite that got bolted to the k7 the motor is pretty much the same......................time for some mods me thinks, so here goes:wink: 

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

its the simple things

lets start with them oil n air filters............i love k&n as the oil filters have a nut welded on for easy fitting and the air filter can pretty much be cleaned for life:wink:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

the next on the to go list

the cat...............a whole 4kg weight loss with this....................not to mention the easier breathing exhaust system.............you can clearly see the diffrence

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

next to go

is suzuki's SET system..............this is the valve in the exhaust system that helps suzuki meet the noise db test so the eu will pass their bikes...............now i know some of you will remember bikes like the ol thunderace were this valve acted like an early VVT  (variable valve timing) by choking the exhaust to pretend there was a decreased valve overlap to assist low end torque but believe me the k7/k8 does not need it................k5/6 anyone:wink:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

now

all i did was remove the cables and remove this wire below (bl/wh wire on top of ecu fifth from left to right on the top row of the ecu looking back on the bike..............this stops the mil light coming on by picking up a fault with the set valve:wink::biggrin:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

the valve

springs to the fully open position and i aint going down the hard route of removing it for a 200gram weight difference..............and this also allows an easy reversal in the event i sell the bike................the valve is easy checked to ensure its fully open by sticking your fingers up here:wink: 

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

this little beauty arrived today

took a little bit of buggering around till i sussed out how to download the correct map for it...............but easy enough when you know how.......................the first thing to fit on the bike was the o2 eliminator.........this stops the o2 sensor working against your chosen map:wink:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

20 01 13

all done................the power commander v was a doddle to fit...............a quick build up of the bike and i thumbed the starter button..................she burst into life instantly and was running smooth......................a slow test run showed her to be running sweet but i will need better weather for a spirited ride to notice any major diffrence...............i got to say this is the first time ever that i found no issues on performance tuning on the initial build so to say im well chuffed is a major understatement  ....................................i would also like to thank my little helper below who was a great help...................and she is looking forward to our next project as shown :wink::biggrin:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

26 0 13

the first decent run..............dry but ice.............i am well pleased, none of the backfiring on overrun that i got before the power commander and torque that seemed to deliver from the off........................would i do it all again, hell yes.............will it beat a k5.......................i will ask si on our next meet to help with a back to back test:wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle