Skip to content

General Bike stolen from outside Hein Gericke, Salford, Manchester Stolen bikes

You are in... Forums > General > Stolen bikes > Bike stolen from outside Hein Gericke, Salford, Manchester

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GarethH

Jan 12

GarethH says:

Bike stolen from outside Hein Gericke, Salford, Manchester

:upset:
Please help!  My friend has had her bike stolen today.  It's as Honda CBR 125.  It was in front of the Hein Gericke shop on Bury New Road, Salford, Manchester at about 17:00.  It's black and white, reg : CY08 MYR.  Any help/info appreciated.
She has not had it for very long, don't let this be a nasty start to what could be a great biking life.
Hein Gericke will not release the CCTV footage without being paid far too much £s!  I thought that shop was run by bikers!
Pic of bike attached.
Please contact me on here or at gareth@rock.com with any info.
Thanks in advance.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 January 2012 01:26)

Post a message in Stolen bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

HG not releasing CCTV

Are you serious?

If true should be total boycott from all.

Inform plod that they may have CCTV and hopefully they can be done for obstruction if not prepared to release.

Is there any local CCTV on the road, you may see the event from elsewhere?

Good luck

Reply to this Topic
Matt83

Jul 11

Matt83 says:

Rediculous!

Agree with shuggie - go to the police, maybe they can persuade them to be more forthcoming.

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

re CCTV

Get plod off their fat lazy arses and insist they get the CCTV tape from HG [wont cost them a penny]

Having had several bikes stolen during the 40 odd years i've been riding I know just how your friend is feeling right now....... gutted. I know it is of little consolation but tell her I am so sorry and am thinking of her and what I'd like to do to the thieving scumbags on her behalf.

xx sprag

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Sorry to hear

your news, I hope the bike turns up intact soon.

Also a bit surprised about Hein Gericke, I would have expected full co-operation to help bikers and customers :huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Jeeez

wtf are HG thinking :mad: hope she gets her bike back soon as :smile

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

police

i'm sure will persuade hg to give them a copy or at least a viewing of the c.c.t.v

Reply to this Topic
Thinkladybiker

Oct 11

cctv images

When she reported the theft to the police did she tell them that the area is covered by a cctv camera belonging to HG ?  If not, she must.  It's not for HG to give those images to anyone other than the police but the police need telling that HG are offering to sell the images which can't be right ! 

Good luck finding the bike x

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

The law

Might be worth giving this a read...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/SaferStreets/DG_10034524

How much are they asking for?

Reply to this Topic
DivingPJ

Jan 09

DivingPJ says:

CCTV

I think you can get them to release the cctv under the Data Protection Act. If you are on the tape then you have a right to see it.

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Hg

Thieving b@stards and also the people that took the bike! I would let everyone know anyway I could about the shop not willing to help, stand outside the shop over the weekend and let everyone know that if their bike is taken and HG have it on tape they are not willing to help customers! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices