Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

rich1608

Jan 12

rich1608 says:

Six points in two years question

Hi

I am thinking of learning to ride but am concerned about the new driver/rider rule of six point in two years and you are disqualified and have to start again.

I passed my car test 20 years ago and according to the government website here it doesn’t apply if you pass in a new vehicle category, i.e. bike. But according to this training school’s website Smart Learning 

I will be on probation for two years if I pass the bike test (see paragraph under photo). Surely that’s wrong? If anyone can clarify this I should be very grateful!

Cheers

Rich :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 January 2012 20:16)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The 6 points thing

applies to those who have acquired a new licence.

You only ever have one licence with entitlements on it, hence if you get banned riding a motorcycle you can't go driving a car, etc. If you were getting a new licence it'd be different but you're merely adding an entitlement.

I have been told the complete opposite to what that training school has said and I would be fairly sure it's a crock o' shite, especially if contradicted by a government website.

Some quotes from a quickie Google:

Under the New Drivers Act, you'll lose your licence if you reach six penalty points within two years of passing your first driving test.

New Drivers Act. Your driving licence is automatically revoked (withdrawn) if you build up six or more penalty points within two years of passing your first driving

Accumulation of 6 penalty points within the first 2 years of holding a full licence will lead to revocation under The New Drivers Act

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

NDA

was introduced around 1997 - it applies from the date of the FIRST driving test (thus if you passed one practical test, and then a second practical test, you're still only on probation the once).

As far as I can see, NDA won't apply to you (there are instructors on here that will know the full ins and outs) - maybe it'd be a good idea to find another school as well (I'm assuming that website was the one you're planning on using?)?

Reply to this Topic
rich1608

Jan 12

rich1608 says:

NDA

Thanks for your replies, I thought Smart Learning were wrong about the NDA and now I'm sure. I wasn't planning on using them as I live down in Kent, besides if they are wrong about the NDA what else will they be wrong about?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices