Skip to content

General so, what make''s a biker? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > so, what make''s a biker?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

so, what make''s a biker?

is it me?, but it seems bikers can be set into a certain group. Most seem to be middle aged, bolding men. ( who like loud guitar music)... I hardly see any Asian, or Black riders. yeah, I know one or two,.but  most rider's seem to be "stereo typical"  Plus, sub divide that into diferent riders:   There's your sport bike riders who drive a luxury cars (BMW/Audi and ride a sports bike at the weekend as a toy (ie Ducati) to the older BMW / Harley riders who insist on a beard, and drink real ale...the street fighter's .??? .the rest, seem to be hanging onto there youth, sqeezing into leathers (ME?), and wondering when "it's too old."

In short, no matter what we all ride, or wear, what is the one link that joins us together?

as for me?...I always wanted to ride, but my Mum wouldn't let me......I kept the fact I gained my bike licence for years from her...and she only found out I had a bike about a year ago.  (same with the mrs)

So, are we the same, or are we all different?

(just pondering after having a few Merlot's)

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 January 2012 19:26)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

I

was once a tree in the school play.

Reply to this Topic
JiggyJ

Feb 10

JiggyJ says:

It's what's in your heart...

For me, it's what's in your heart. When I was young(er) I did the old SS50 and CB100 thing but could never afford the bigger bikes (250's at the time)... And then a revelation came along and I dreamt of one day owning the amazing GPz900R, but that was all it was, a dream. Then marriage, house, kids and responsibilities came along... so it was cars for me. But I never lost that yearning for 2 wheels. So, when the opportunity came along in 2003, a nice brand new ZX636R was mine... later a 2007 ZX6R replaced it. Both were ridden everyday and in all weathers (as were the previous 2), if not for work, then just as an excuse to get out.
So, in my heart, I was always a biker and after dreaming about that GPz 900R, it had to be Kawasakis... I can't explain it I just had to follow my heart.
That's what I think makes a biker.... you can't suppress it, it's something inside. Whatever you ride and how often or how well you ride it doesn't matter, but if you can't imagine never having one... you're a biker

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

read what said

i agreed that their are old bikers left but did you need to be called a biker or just ride ......... as i said i used to be a biker but can not live the dream anymore....... 52 i raise my titfer to you as one of the last blue bloods

smidge at school i once played shepered  since then ive always had a thing for sheep

todays rider about 90%+  a bike is a fashon statement the only heart in it is will it match the curtains and the partners visarchi hand bag

il say it again if you need a name to ride join an MC  or get a Skoda

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

read what said

i agreed that their are old bikers left but did you need to be called a biker or just ride ......... as i said i used to be a biker but can not live the dream anymore....... 52 i raise my titfer to you as one of the last blue bloods

smidge at school i once played shepered  since then ive always had a thing for sheep

todays rider about 90%+  a bike is a fashon statement the only heart in it is will it match the curtains and the partners visarchi hand bag

il say it again if you need a name to ride join an MC  or get a Skoda

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Afternoon Brute...............

Hi again mate,  as you say, no, we don't need a label, but it worries me when old hands like yourself start to believe the hype about all motorcyclists being spots bike riding fashion types.

I commute to London most weekdays, and although I see less this time of year (and none when it gets really cold or we have snow on the ground) there are plenty of traditional riders out there on scruffy bikes which are obviously loved and ridden regularly.

Live and let live, if you ride and love it then that's enough for me, if you ride a lot and love it then that's great.

BTW, what ever happened with your Squariel outfit?  You were considering getting it going or selling it but never got back to me with details.

Ride safe,

Shad. 

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

i stand by what i said  90% ride as a fashion statement just go out one sunnywarm dry day sit back and watch ..then go out on a cool damp day

The 10% left is still a lot of bikers

my self i still love anything on 2 wheels i ride for the love of it when rideing i always think of m8s who never got this far ...

over the last few yrs i got rid of all my bikes except the brute........ gone from 15 to 1 fuk that was the hardest thing to do but i didnt ride most of them

ride and letride you dont need a lable to ride just be happy with your bike and matching curtains lol

as for the Squariel i will message you its sort of still on just family legals

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

brut

you big hairy arsed softy, think we have all had mates long gone, but if its got handlebars a decent engine, and is anything near legal ill ride the fekker, weather  well now the car is the easiest option and with so many buffoons on the road in cars and on bikes, fair weather only for me these days, but i can say hand on heart ive done it in all weathers minus 10 at the dragon rally one year, but we were hard as fukk in those days now the feathers on the head are going thin, its time to let the young bucks find out what we all had, they will never find out though mate its all about corporate branding and loyaltyto manufacturers, we were more like rough necked brothers having the time of our lives, sadly those days are like some old mates long gone.

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

I like to think

Me and my mates still live the life, and we're all young.

5 of us now, 4 lads and a lass. None of us have cars (whichever of us had them, sold them to fund bikes), all of us ride every day to work, rain, shine, if you can make it on a bike, we ride.

We all grew up in biking families, all got on bikes as soon as we could, its pretty much a case of "where are we going tonight fella's?" and we get on the bikes and go. Camp out, go touring, what ever. If i have time off work, im either going out on the bike or fixing the bike!

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

dont get me wrong

there are a lot of die hards out there

but as bikers NO NO NO thar was an era a blink in time and very few left from that time even fewer as bikers

dont get upset about if your not from that era and not classed as a biker ............if you need a name  before you can ride think up your own

as for the bit i ride a bike so im a biker

i ride a bike and like rock n roll so am i a rocker  ,,,  when i wear my drain pipes with my sideburns am i a teddy boy ... if i wear a cut off am i an outlaw or angel

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices