Skip to content

Discuss This Mattia Pasini takes cash-strapped Anthony West’s MotoGP slot MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mattia Pasini takes cash-strapped Anthony West’s MotoGP slot

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mattia Pasini takes cash-strapped Anthony West’s MotoGP slot

Mattia Pasini will make his MotoGP debut in 2012 having been selected to take the seat vacated by cash-strapped Anthony West in the Speed Master squad. Fans of Aussie West were still trying to digest his shock announcement on Friday that he has given up the Aprilia CRT ride due to a lack of funding when the Italian squad confirmed 125...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 January 2012 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Benny & Nostro

So pat rafter wasnt well liked? or troy bayliss?

Wow Nostro

I said struggle... i didnt say never. but you read what ever in to my comment.

You are aware that casey's family lived in a caravan for years to set him up? i wonder if Jorge or Dani or Melandri ever did that? If you actually read my comment and think about it... i was saying that dorna is using MotoGP to make profits. Not for the proliferation of the sport or in the sports best interests. all the money made from sport should go back to those involved and or to grass roots.

Pasini's record in MotoGP is what exactly? Its blank. Ateast westy can say that for half a year he outscored his team on a bike he'd never seen before... Westy has the creditentials.

But write what you want.. my days of reading the tripe posted on here have ended. On tuesday week i leave my 6 years in the UK behind me and head back to adelaide for eternal sunshine and the adelaide hills. laters.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Walkers

have a better chance than Mattia, five whole seconds slower than Casey Stoner on his first outing and 2.5 off RDP. Rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I don't know Travis

Call me a bit slow, but by my line of thinking 10 GP wins is superior to 1 in the wet.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cheers for that Benny. Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

... much like Stoner, Mladin is just another Oz bred from crimbo's.....

Then proceeds to post about some pommy bloke arrested on drug charges. Benny if you meant to do that, your sense of irony is to be commended mate ;)

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

In all seriousness though...

It is a sorry state of affairs. They say any publicity is good publicity, but I find that hard to believe in Primo Kawasaki's case here.

Motorcycle racing is, and always will be, a minority followed sport (fiercly followed by us in the minority though) when compared with other forms of racing, and other sports full stop. It needs all the cash, sponsorship and good publicity it can get its hands on to prosper.

Here's hoping the guys at Primo Kawasaki (the one's who had no knowledge of this) hang onto their jobs, as sponsors may want to distance themselves with this kind of scandal.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

@ Benny Hedgehog

Only you lot would send the criminals to a paradise. Sad news not only for Westy but for the sport as a whole, not that we did nt all know what the case really was. The day,s of talent getting the rides are well gone, which is why there is no depth in the field. I,m sure there are plenty of national class riders around the world  that could cut it in the big time but will they ever get the chance , not unless you have a blinding 1 off ride like Bayliss on a out dated RGV250 that paved the way to BSB and beyond. If you live in europe the biggest hurdle is already crossed but to have the resources to even get there and start at the bottom as many  have from down here they have earnt my respect for  putting it all on the line in pursuit of a dream.  Hat,s off to Westy who has been on the road for ten years or more , and i can assure you  that a bad day at work for him has been much better than a good one of mine. Take a look at all the antipodeans  in your different series,. Livin the Dream. Hats off.

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Most importantly...

Why on earth are they now allowing people who pluck their eyebrows into MotoGP?? Haha  Pasini has been the source of much amusement for the past few years cos of his womens sculpted eyebrows, and now he's bringing his brand of man-grooming to the premier class.

Poor Westy! Keep playing the lotto mate

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices