Skip to content

Discuss This Video: MCN's Yamaha SR500 cafe racer project running Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Video: MCN's Yamaha SR500 cafe racer project running

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Video: MCN's Yamaha SR500 cafe racer project running

MCN designer Simon Relph bought this rust bucket 1979 Yamaha SR500 at the beginning of the year for just £50 with the aim of turning the bike in to a cool cafe racer. Now, after plenty of hard graft the SR500 cafe racer project is complete. Watch the video below to hear the bike running.  brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 January 2012 11:00)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

sr125

i've got an sr125, and was thinking of making it better. just curious, once the air box is taken out and replaced with the small filter, where does the battery go? i notice the absence of it where it normally goes...

Reply to this Topic
englishuser

Jul 07

englishuser says:

Looking good Simon, but davdamos I would be reluctant to remove the standard airbox that yamaha have spent a lot of money developing for a small filter unless your ready to spend a lot of time changing jets and setting it up on a dyno. In my experience they rarely run as well ever again, even if it does give it beautiful clean lines.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

It's looking good, but it won't be as good as the one I'm doing, with a long alloy tank, painted to look like a Manx Norton, complete with Norton-style Yamaha logo on the tank.

I do like that swept back front pipe though. Where did that come from?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
stonecoldkane

May 10

Hmmm...

Kinda looks ok... sounds like shit.

Reply to this Topic
Nutstrangler

Sep 02

Nutstrangler says:

Yup, looks pretty good, but sounds like a cement mixer or something else industrial. 

Reply to this Topic
llandoch

Jan 12

llandoch says:

sr500

Desperately in need of a Goldy silencer, that one sounds bl**dy awful.

Reply to this Topic
loftyjohn

Jun 07

loftyjohn says:

sr500

You cannot make a silk pure from a sows ear!

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Cement mixer impressions

lose the silencer and go for something straight through with absorption baffling (think Akrapovic). That plate over the end style always sounds and goes like crap.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

How much did that cost you. And why does it sound that loose?

I'm missing the point here because there are a lot better singles out there than the SR. And if you spent close to £3K which I suspect you did you could have bought something quite special.

Reply to this Topic
dfhd

Feb 12

dfhd says:

sdgds

*** {{w w w }} {{proxy4biz }} {{ com}} *****

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN