Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang test: Jorge Lorenzo leads first session MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang test: Jorge Lorenzo leads first session

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sepang test: Jorge Lorenzo leads first session

Jorge Lorenzo might not have ridden a MotoGP bike since October 16, but he returned to action in impressive fashion today to top the opening day timesheets at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia. The Spaniard was back on board a MotoGP bike for the first time since his 2011 campaign was ended prematurely when he lost 8mm off the tip of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 January 2012 09:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

First day potential

Looking good

When times are compared to the same test last year Ducati could have taken the step in the right direction they needed. But first day, its for blowing out cobwebs...

Am sure when CS is back tomorrow everyones times will drop.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Pro and Cons

some good results there, Cal in 3rd, and Vale up in 5th at the moment. What is shocking though is the CRT's !! 6.5 seconds slower !!?? We all knew they would be slower but that gap is vast, and that is in the very capable hands of Colin E ? Lets hope they find at least half that time back by the start of the season or it really is the 2 tier championship.

Reply to this Topic
koko46

Jun 10

koko46 says:

Premier Racing

After looking at the time sheets it looks like it is headed in the direction of F1. A dominant one rider with everyone else playing the catch the leader (stoner and vettel). Then there is the hopeless veteran trying to recapture his once dominance (rossi schumacher) and a team that attempts to put pressure but it is not there yet (yamaha and mclaren). I think the problem with the premier racing is that there is too much emphasis on machinery and not on rider skill. With traction control, super sticky tyres, aerodynamics (in case of F1) it is becoming difficult for the rider to make the difference. I believe that if electronics and aerodynamic grip are get rid of it will produce more exciting and unpredictable racing like in the good old days. Hopefully I am wrong and it will be an exciting season but somehow i doubt it. Moreover the loss of Simoncelli the only rider that could have upset the running order we are headed for another stoner dominance.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Stoner broken back

I'm sorry but the limited time that these bikes get now and Stoner hurts his back "stretching" it's either Bulls*it or mind games or he really is a wimp. Unless he slipped a disc and literaly can not move but he's a bit young for that. If it was any one else in the paddock you think they might be out there no matter what. Sounds iffy to me. 

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

"Casey Stoner did not test after aggravating and old back injury while stretching in the morning"

Bless he really must be careful. He should wear booots inside in case he stubs his toesssies.

However with Danni Devito in 2nd it bodes well for Stacy when he graces us with his presence. He did do 4 laps though, mixing it with the CRT's to make them more ambitious.

Rossi 5th...CRT's what 6-10 seconds off the pace. About 4-6 secs off the pace in Valencia.

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Not the final times

Rossi is 0.7 off the fastest time as of 18:00 Sepang time

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

very positive.

Well interesting times athough it was supposedly damp conditions.
Amazed to see Crutchlow up in third!
What a shame Stoner could not ride but I am sure it wont take him long to catch up.
Ducati look very promising at around 1sec or slightly less according to some.
That is some achievement on a brand new bike first time out and it will surely only get better.
We could have a good fight for the chamionship yet!
The CRTs will improve.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The infinite capacity for individuals to write complete tripe

on MCN continues.

As Pinky below so lucidly expresses.

Stoner not riding. So it's either Bullshit - whatever the fuck that means.

Or it's mindgames - Oh yes Stoner is that far ahead of the field he can just fuck with them by sitting smugly in the pits admiring his new raw RCV213, because as we all know he doesn't need to set it up. He can just jump on the thing and wring its neck to within an inch of its life and defeat all comers.

Or he's a wimp. Yes that'll be it. The man who lays 230kmph darkies and who rode around the outside of Lorenzo at Laguna at a similar speed is a wimp.

As ever I remain incredulous at the limited ability of people on here to think.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Huge performance from Ducati . Rossi has never ridden it before so the electronics have a long way to go yet . Those laps weren't moaners . He'll be up there with jl tomoz. Rossi and dani never show anywhere near their pace this early on. Any chance of tyre info?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Dont take it so seriously Nostro

word from Sepang is that Casey was spied enviously hanging around the back of the Red Garages wimpering 'but I didnt get that, or that, or that' whilst Livo patted him on the butt

Anyways - first day, cobwebs and base settings, nothing to see here, move along move along.
Tomorrow is when it will get interesting, I dont see Stoner being out of the top 3 much of the test...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices