Skip to content

Discuss This Speeding fines set to rise to £100 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Speeding fines set to rise to £100

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Speeding fines set to rise to £100

Fines for speeding could rise from £60 to £100 under plans announced by Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke. The fixed penalty speeding fine could rise by nearly 70% to fund compensation for victims of crime. Those who fight speeding cases in court could pay up to £120 towards the scheme.   The proposals are part of plans to raise an extra £50million...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 January 2012 10:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

speedo007

in a country the size of Canada and a population so small I guess the Police have to fine victims as much as they can to cover the fuel costs, oh hang on Don't they ride horses ?

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Snev

Horses get great mpg :)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

brevav2

are you on the right website?  i was almost expecting a dissertation about the Illuminati and the New World Order after reading your last epic ....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Personally, I wouldn't mind higher speeding fines if you didn't incur points on your license as well. And it would make good business sense for the Police. You can't rake in revenue from someone who is banned from the road.And when are the Police going to be seen to be doing something about people on the phone in their cars, vans etc, How about the death penalty for phone use in a car? How many people do you think you would need to hang before it stopped altogether? Not many!!!!

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Eh?

Get caught doing say 37mph in a 30 zone and pay towards the victim of a crime? 

As everyone else, I'm pretty sceptical and the extra money generated is probably just another way to try to claw back our huge debt!!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

cavetroll87

It should never be that a victim has to pay more to retrieve their vehicle than the scrote gets in a fine for trying to take it in the first place.

Who are the victims of speeding and why aren't the criminals who harm people (financially or physically) the ones who have to pay that individuals compensation? Once more society is telling the scrotes somebody else will pick up the bill for whatever they choose to do.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Calling all lawyers!

Is there a legal ruling here that you can sue the thief for what it cost for you to retrieve your bike? I'm sure a lot of people who have been charged retrieval/storage costs would like to get that back for something that was not their fault!

Reply to this Topic
suzukitaz1

Oct 07

suzukitaz1 says:

speeding fines

Offer the victims of crime more help, what a joke! My bike was destroyed in a fireball after being knocked off in a non fault accident.... I'm the victim and yet for the next few years i am paying more on insurance as a result. Wheres the fairness for victims in that? Lets just hit the motorist again, why not were already being bled dry with fuel costs! AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Reply to this Topic
Cavetroll87

Aug 10

Cavetroll87 says:

SatNavSteve

I wanted to get the costs back from the guy who took it but was told that there was no point as he had no income or anything I could sue him for apparently and becuase the guy had been in prison and had been released 4 days before then stolen my bike after breaking into a pub to try and get away on, becuase he was arrested for robbing the pub (not stealing the bike) and admitted to stealing the bike under the polices "clean slate" policy apparently he could not be prosecuted for stealing the bike leaving me in the lurch!

Reply to this Topic
petexjr

Dec 08

petexjr says:

Speeding

So 90% of motorists are criminals. I'm sure that's how many break the speed limit on a daily basis. Have you ever tried to keep permanently to the speed limit? Look in your mirror and see the tailback!

Once again, it's easier to target working motorists than career criminals. Why do we put up with it? If only 1% of motorists signed an epetition, the Govt would have to take notice, but we would rather just moan about it, wouldn't we?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices