Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang test: Stoner leads day two MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang test: Stoner leads day two

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sepang test: Stoner leads day two

MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner took to the Sepang circuit for the first time today after a back problem forced him to sit out yesterday's session, and immediately inserted his dominance by setting the fastest time of the test. The Aussie posted a best time of 2:00.895 over a 23 lap run, 0.762secs faster than yesterday's fastest time set by Jorge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 February 2012 10:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

has anything changed?

Early days, but:

- Stoner fastest, despite doing very few laps

- Lorenzo close

- Rossi second fastest Ducati

On this latter point, some had thought that Barbera's superior speed on many occasions during 2011 was down to him being a faster rider than Rossi. 

Based on the more than 12 months of development put in by Rossi to deliver the magnificent new GP12, do we now assume their relative pace is due to Barbera being a better development rider?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I think hedgehog's comparison is spot on

The similarities are quite striking except that there is no Simoncelli (RIP) and Dovizioso is on a different bike that he hasn't instantly taken to. If you look at the comparison times on MM for day 1 and 2 you'll see that everyone has gained time on themselves equally with the odd exception (Battaini who doesn't count) and Casey Stoner who obviously didn't ride day 1. So, SV nut, given that prediction is based on present and past form in sport I'd say a few people are quite ballpark with their opinions. There's always the known unknowns though and the unknown knowns though eh SV? I appreciate that Americans don't do irony but it might be an idea to at least figure out what it means by you rant about it, eh?

Valentino says today " last year we had 5 or 6 big problems and the new bike has fixed 50% of them" by my calculations that means that there are 2.5 to 3 big problems left. Now, the chassis has changed from carbon fibre monocoque to hybrid CF/ally 'coque and spar to all aloominum twin spar and in conjunction with the new Bridgestone front hoop the front has been transformed but which change worked? Given that "90%" is new it also means that half the problems are in 10% of the package. The bits that haven't changed are the engine layout (90Degrees), the rear tyre (i'm guessing here), suspension/brake/ECU/odds'n'sods suppliers and, erm, the rider.

Casey Stoner has done exactly what he's done (bar missing a day) at this test as he's done at every other test since he arrived at Honda with the odd cameo from Pedbot, Lorenzo (?) and Simoncelli (RIP again). The only difference is that he got Akiyoshi to scrub his pads in yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pay attention Hardlylean?

Difficult to do when you've got one eye covered up. I don't expect you to be changing anytime soon. Had to laugh at your comments on M.M recently though. Last year you were calling Preziosi every juvenile name under the sun you could think of. This year he's back to being a genius according to you.

You are a tragic little man.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"last year an injured Rossi was on a race winning bike...blah blah blah .. "

OK... have it your way... Rossi was last year injured on a shit bike that he couldn't ride... & was 1 sec off the pace, 2nd Ducati & with 2 satellite bikes in front of him... so what are you saying his excuse is this year for being fit on a bike he's been calling for all year & almost exactly the same predicament? Personally I think it's that there's still one day to go & it is their 1st time out... let's see what happens for race day before we start consigning Ducati to the scrap heap... I was just remarking on the similarities & hoping they weren't an omen.

BTW, Stoner still holds the race lap record round Sepang... on a Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
oldspechen

Oct 08

oldspechen says:

No suprise!!!

Nothings changed then. Same Stoner! Least laps, fastest time. He does it every GP weekend, lets hope the other Aliens can catch him!! 

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I don't doubt Ducati has a better bike

But their problem is that they are at least 6 months behind Yamaha and Honda and they are shooting at moving targets. Yamaha and Honda are working on revised and improved (they hope) bikes from the 1000cc bikes they were testing last year - Ducati is on a brand new bike. They will have to make huge steps to catch up with their rivals who aren't stationary targets.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

If Flo's happy to stay within a sec then Hector must be delirious. Hope HB keeps it up tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

paceycasey put your penis away its the first test.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Sigh........Revz

Another 'cock' comment? Say's more about you than me. Jog on.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Compared to qualifying last year, 2.01.4, fastest lap ever 2.00.5, Stacey at 2.00.8.

Perhaps more important is that the slowest in qualifying was 2.04.0 2.12 seems like a recipe for disaster. 12 second gap.  They will need traffic enforcement,.

As previously stated it should be pointed out that Stacey screwed up the Desmo in the first place. until he criticised the flex and lack of consistency in the steel trellis frame, he managed a 1 and 2 in the championship. When the carbon frame was introduced, he managed 4th and 4th. Says he does not know what the problem is. Mmm. New much stiffer control tyres in 2009 and carbon frame introduced = success?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices