Skip to content

Discuss This Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’

A motorist who span across the road killing a biker could not be tried for careless driving because her tyres were mismatched, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.  The CPS says there was no point proceeding with the charge because it could not be proved the crash wasn’t caused by the tyres, which were legal but not recommended by the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 February 2012 17:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
benb404

Jan 12

benb404 says:

The 'slight' mismatch in tyres would only make the difference if she was absolutly thrashing it and one tyre could hold on the road and the other couldnt. Ive got mixed, branded, spec, tread tyres on my car. Yes the front ones match, but many people have all sorts of mixed tyres. Including crappy budget tyres

I might just fit random tyres to all my wheels just to cover my back...

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

I can't believe many people actually use the tyres reccomended by the manufacturer. I just go to my local "used tyre" dealer and get whatever they have.

The British legal system really is f+cked up when you aren't held responsible for the vehicle you're driving.

Someone has to be responsible, either the car owner or the driver.

Surely a private law suit should get a more sensible outcome.

Reply to this Topic
ThePhantom

Mar 09

ThePhantom says:

sounds like she had the money to get a good lawyer and get her off,i hope it eats away at her soul.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

The CPS probably thought 'oh, it was only a biker she hit'! so it doesn't matter then. If a biker had skidded and hit a pedestrian and killed them and was found to have 2 different tyres, they would be behind bars by now. After all, as already pointed out, bikers get jail just for going too fast without having an accident. Sincere condolences to the bikers family and I hope we see real justice in the future because whether she had the right tyres or not, (a tiny difference in grip! maybe) a sports car like that should stick to the road like the proverbial to a bed blanket so how fast and out of control was she going. Maybe she has family who have money or influence, just a thought!

Reply to this Topic
ibking

Nov 05

ibking says:

Getting away with murder is common here in California where money talks.

Reply to this Topic
dghackett

Sep 02

dghackett says:

Justice joke

I do not know the road that the accident happened on but I have both driven cars and bikes with mismatched tyres. I have never had an accident that I could say the tyres contributed to. If she had been driving with in the road conditions and her capabilities then she would not had hit Mr. Wilson-Jones. She should have been band for longer, a lot longer and made to sit a re-test prior to being allowed back on the road.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

What the hell is wrong with the UK?? This country just gets better and better (sarcasm)!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
nakedbri

Mar 10

nakedbri says:

Utter bo****cks

Everything about this shouts loud and clear that this country'e legal system is screwed. She may as well have shot him, without a license, then claimed the shotgun she was using had two mismatched cartridges. The fact that she was driving illegally, and obviously dangerously should be enough. But to get off on such a pathetic technicality. The fact that she has escaped any kind of custodial sentence and even worse, that she will be allowed to apply for a license at all, let alone 12 months. And what price an innocent man's life, £0, as the fine was to cover costs only. Well I'm glad the court and the solicitors got paid! I feel for Andrews family, if ever there was a travesty of justice, then this is it, surely. I hope you read this thread Rachel Roberts and I hope your conscience forces you to make amends beyond your'punishment'. Your life should be dedicated to nothing else. You are nothing more than a an irresponsible moron who has taken an innocent man's life and destroyed his family and friends. I hope you're so very proud of your selfish actions.

Reply to this Topic
rickster999

Jul 07

rickster999 says:

Disgusting

Another case of killing a biker = same punishment as shoplifting.

And I can't see the EU High Viz vest law having avoided this.

I'm so angry that the fact they couldn't prove the tyres were NOT the cause, means a lesser charge is applied.

SHE WAS DRIVING, SHE LOST CONTROL, AND SHE RAN THE DUDE OVER. SHE KILLED SOMEONE AND GETS COMMUNITY SERVICE.

From the sentence given, our great country's legal system values Andrew's life at £1225.

100 hours minimum wage plus the costs.

I do hope the karma police are on Rachel's case, RIP Andrew - say hello to Marco.

Thought's to Andrews family.

Reply to this Topic
bikerred

May 05

bikerred says:

UNINSURED

She was uninsure & so should have not been on the road, therefore the accident is 100% her fault

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices