Skip to content

Discuss This Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Mismatched tyres ‘could have caused fatal smash’

A motorist who span across the road killing a biker could not be tried for careless driving because her tyres were mismatched, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.  The CPS says there was no point proceeding with the charge because it could not be proved the crash wasn’t caused by the tyres, which were legal but not recommended by the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 February 2012 17:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Law is a ass.......

24 year old.

MG sports car.

Didn't belong to her.

Unisured.

1 year ban, 100 hours un-paid work and costs of £600. The other year two bikers got 9 months jail for doing 120mph.

One rule for one, one for another.

Wonder if EU's high vis vest would have saved him?

Law in this country is a total ass........

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Sack the Bill

Our legal system has failed in every way possible we pay tax to be protected served by the Law & they do F all. The only time I see them is in the local Greggs by me (cops eat free). They have a hard job to do and there are many factors against them, but there is no respect for them they are virtually powerless. They make up statistics about how they have lowered certain crimes car theft, burglary etc but when it comes down to it car manufacturers made cars harder to steal the only way to steal a car is to break into the house and get the keys, so once you get burgled you improve your security again not them doing anything. If this is the case why dont we sack our Police and spend the tax money on private security it's only a matter of time before someone deals with a criminal like this female murderer themselves & then we all might follow suit. The Police, Cps & courts have had their day it's clear what criminals think of them (look at the riots). Worrying thing is that with violent, drug and theft related crime increasing & no Police to protect us it seems that the only thing the Law worked hard to do is dissarm it's citizens you can't have CS spray, batton, Tazer, knife or gun. 

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Could MAG not take this further, i know they couldnt change the sad outcome now, but they could get it publicity in the national papers and even in parliament! Its disgusting!! uninsured and driving a car that didnt belong to her, imagine if that was one of us on an uninsured bike that wasnt ours, we'd get sent down without the blink of an eye...

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Sad but Predictable

As many people have posted it is disgusting to treat this guys death so lightly and administer justice so partially. Unfortunately many in the establishment plain don't like us and that includes magistrates. Just by riding a motorcycle in the first place we are at a disadvantage in any legal situation.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

A couple of nits:

1) It was the CPS (Criminals' Protection Service) that dropped the ball on this, not Plod.  They don't exactly get the cream of the legal crop to begin with, and are currently underfunded, so are gagging for plea bargains.  Set a proper lawyer on them and they'll wet their nylon pants.

2) "the EU High Viz vest law"

No such law or Directive exists or is proposed.  Ireland looks to be mandating full sleeve day-glo, and France is mandating (effectively) a reflective Sam Browne belt or a 5" x 5" square of reflective material.  If you're going to have a moan, at least moan about things that are in the pipeline, like tiered licenses and locked down powertrains.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

To pinkerton2964 - while not wishing to hijack this article, your comments are a little odd. You agree that the Police have a difficult job to do, then slate them for having their powers reduced. Now, who do you think has reduced those powers? Successive governments, who seem to be intent on causing instability in society and therefore making themselves look good when they miraculously "find the answer".  It is the government who make the laws of this land, they also dictate what the Police can and cannot do under various acts of legislation. Don't believe me? Have a look at all the new bills which have been rushed through under emergency powers which dilute their powers. I'm not saying the police are perfect - far from it. Nor are the CPS, who are also a government agency. Notice a common thread emerging here?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Which MG?

Was this really a 1950’s vintage MG TF as the article states, or the much more recent MGF?

Reply to this Topic
pdoney

Jul 10

pdoney says:

you've got to be joking !!!

This really p1sses me off. A tyre is a tyre and I'm finding it hard to believe that unless the car is being driven like, and by, an utter tw4t where the tyres are being pushed to the absolute limit,  they're not going let go and cause a spin - unless they were in an unroadworthy condition anyway !. Don't even get me started on the sentence given out - as already stated, she was un-friggin-insured, driving an unroadworthy vehicle (unconfirmed) dangerously and killed someone and she gets a token slap on the wrist ban and 'hear you go, court staff get paid!" fine. Absolutely unreal. It would have been a different story had it been the judges son ! (in the real world in wouldn't happen due to ethics and all that, but you know the point I'm making). F*cking law in this country is b*llocks. Apologies for the swearing, but this has made me really angry !

Reply to this Topic
jayeomans

Jan 09

jayeomans says:

Disgusting

Simply disgusting. Dangerous driving (and doing it illegally) is dangerous driving however you look at it. I hardly think that 'Not recommended' would stand up as a defense - it would have to be an outright 'This is dangerous' for me to take any notice.

Need to raise some money, buy a few used MGFs and a bunch of tyres, then find out (in a safe environment) what's at fault. Bet the tyres have sweet 'naff' all to do with it.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

That's simply untrue - Its NOT waht the Law says

The Law says the driver's responsible for the condition and safety of teh vehicle they drive.

IF the tyres weren't safe the charge just shifts from  causing death by dangerous driving to causing death by driving an unraodworthy vehicle dunnit?

Unless her Uncle works for CPS or is in Politics or is a Judge  ....  then obviously its never her fault.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices